Benefits of Maternity Insurance for Pregnant Women
27th December 2018
Motherhood is one of the most basic and the most fulfilling experiences in a woman’s life. The experience of bringing a new life in this world is unparalleled and for couples, this marks the beginning of a new phase in their lives. With this event, a whole new set of responsibilities comes into their lives and the newborn becomes the center of existence for the parents. It all actually begins very early, right from the phase of conception to the seeking of eventual medical attention and aid. These days, the costs of living have affected almost all the domains of our existence and when it comes to maternity and the requisite medical assistance, the costs have become humungous.
Maternity is a blissful phase of life and the last thing anyone wants is to let the medical costs become a burden on your finances. Earlier, maternity was considered to be in the ambit of general insurance coverage and as such, the options for coverage were limited in scope and spirit. However, owing to the rapid expansion of this industry as a whole and the increased sense of customer-centric focus, different insurers no offer maternity insurance policies with diverse benefits and features that address the wide coverage requirements during maternity. These policies can be purchased by couples who are looking forward to parenthood and even by expecting mothers. The best part about maternity-specific insurance policies is that these policies do not have any waiting period (unlike general policies which may have a waiting period of up to 1 year before the maternity benefits can be disbursed).
The benefits of maternity insurance for pregnant women are extensive and following factors can help us in getting a better understanding:
- Coverage benefits: As a pregnant woman, you are entitled to many pre-natal tests, medical procedures and may require hospitalization. In addition, there is a significant coverage required in the event of caesarian section for child birth and many post-natal tests and recuperation. Having a maternity insurance plan implies that you have the due coverage and don’t have to pinch your savings during this period.
- Additional benefits: A general insurance policy may not offer any coverage in case of any complications arising from child birth. This is why maternity specific insurance plans offer a solution. Insurers these days offer maternity insurance plans with multiple riders which have an impact on the payable premiums. However, generally, maternity plans cover the complications in the main plan and as such you are entitled to additional coverage without any extra costs involved.
- Coverage for the newborn: Maternity insurance plans offer the additional coverage for your newborn up to a certain period of time. This covers the medical bills, any congenital conditions, diseases etc.
- Transportation benefits and extra coverage options: Generally, maternity insurance policies cover benefits like ambulance charges, nursing fee, etc. This not only means that your extra requirements are covered but also indicate a financially stress free maternity for you.
HDFC Life offers HDFC Life Smart Woman Plan – a woman centric plan that offers extensive financial benefits and allows your finances to grow for the future. For details, click on the mentioned link: https://www.hdfclife.com/women-insurance-plans/smart-woman-ulip-plan.
Products offered by HDFC Life :
Subscribe to get the latest articles directly in your inbox
You will receive the newly posted articles on your email id.
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU
Stay updated with HDFC Life
Get HDFC Life updates in your mailbox
- Do Not Call Registration
- Terms & Conditions
- Terminated Agent List
- IRDAI Public Notice on Spurious Calls
- Unclaimed Policy Details
- Insurance Ombudsman
- IRDAI Customer Education Website
- Life Insurance Council
- Memories for Life
- NRI Insurance Plans
- Premium Payment
- NAV Summary
- Online Buying
- Tools & Calculators
- Public Disclosures
- Policy Loans General T&C
- FC Appointment T&C
- POSP Appointment T&C
- UW philosophy PWD/PMI/PLHA