A 30-year term insurance plan is your best bet to protect your family.
Most of us believe in the longevity of life, and that’s how it should be. Being positive is always appreciated, but it’s equally important to be prudent. This means that as humans, we need to account for the unpredictability of life and take steps to safeguard our loved ones in case we leave the world. Yes, what we mean is if an untoward incident occurs, things may turn around in an instant.
That’s exactly why it’s a wise decision to go for a term insurance policy. Once you sign up for any such policy, you can be rest assured that your family won’t have to compromise on their lifestyle in your absence. If you are looking to provide this safety net to your loved ones for a long tenure, make sure you opt for a term insurance policy for 30 years.
How does a term policy with a 30-year period work?
After you’ve made your decision to invest in a term insurance policy with a 30-year tenure, make sure you pay regular premiums to ensure your family receives the death benefit, in case it’s required. In the case of failed payments, this benefit won’t be offered and your policy will be cancelled. There is no maturity benefit that’s extended if the policyholder survives through the tenure. However, some plans do offer the Return of Premium option which allows the policyholder to reap the maturity benefit if the survive the entire policy tenure.
The benefits of a 30-year term insurance policy
If you are planning to sign up for a term insurance policy with a 30-year tenure, here are a few benefits you should be aware of:
- Security for 30 years to the policyholder’s family, offering peace of mind
- Premiums are affordable and do not fluctuate during the tenure
- Death benefit offered to the nominees; in case the policyholder dies during the policy term. It could be natural death, death by accident, or death due to critical illness
- Helps in future financial planning, particularly if there are lofty goals
- Income tax benefit under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act*
- Offers option to add riders for an added layer of security
- Availing loans against term life insurance policies
- Policyholder can also alter beneficiaries, in case a need arises
Is there any way to calculate 30-year term life insurance premiums?
The premium is calculated based on a range of factors, including the age of the policyholder, annual income, sum assured, medical history, and if they have a history of smoking, drinking or using chewing tobacco, as well as any other major health risks. If someone has greater health risk, be prepared to pay a higher premium.
1. Is it a good idea to avail the 30-year term insurance plan?
It is definitely a good idea for those individuals who are looking to safeguard their family’s financial needs in their absence for a tenure of 30 years.
2. Does one receive a maturity benefit if the policyholder survives during the tenure of the 30-year term insurance plan?
No. If the policyholder survives the term, they do not receive any maturity benefit, unless they have opted for a plan with Return of Premium (ROP) option which allows the policyholder to reap maturity benefit if they survive the entire policy tenure
3. How can one cancel the 30-year term insurance policy?
You could reach out to your insurance company and let them know your decision in writing. After submitting the prescribed form, the insurance company will process the policy cancellation. However, one cannot get any refunds of premium if the policy is cancelled outside the prescribed cooling / free look period.
- Can NRIs Buy Term Insurance in India?
- What is a Level Term Life Insurance policy?
- 5 Simple Steps to Follow When Buying Term Insurance
- 4 Simple Methods to Calculate : How Much Term Insurance You Need
Not sure which insurance to buy?
Talk to an
Advisor right away
Advisor right away
We help you to choose best insurance plan based on your needs
Here are a few more articles about Term Insurance.
We help you to make informed insurance decisions for a lifetime.
A term insurance plan for your familys future makes eminent sense while drawing a Rs 25,000 salary
25K Salary Term Insurance Plans : You can put away a small share from your Rs 25,000 salary every month to secure a safe future for your family. Read now!
- Best Investment Plans
- What is Term Insurance
- 1 Crore Term Insurance
- Short term saving plan
- Term insurance
- Saving plans
- ULIP Plan
- Health Plans
- Child Insurance Plans
- Group Insurance Plans
- Long Term Savings Plan
- Fixed Maturity Plan
- Monthly Income Advantage Plan
- Pension Calculator
- BMI Calculator
- Compound Interest Calculator
- Term insurance Calculator
- Tax Savings Investment Options
- 2 crore term insurance
- 50 lakhs term insurance
- annuity plans
- Investment Calculator
- get pension of 30000 per month
- ULIP Returns in 5 Years
- investment plan for 5 years
- investment plan for 10 years
- 50-Lakh Investment Plan
- guaranteed returns plans
- sanchay plans
- Pension plans
##Individual death claim settlement ratio by number of policies as per audited annual statistics for FY 2021-22.
#Provided we have received all the relevant and required documents and no further investigation is required. Claim settlement process would be completed within stipulated timelines once the claim request is approved
^ Available under Life & Life Plus plan options
*As per Income Tax Act, 1961. Tax benefits are subject to changes in tax laws.
ARN - ED/05/23/1816