Should one invest in a 35-year term insurance policy?
Table of Content
Those aged 18 to 65 can invest in a term insurance policy, but most individuals prefer to invest in plans up to 30 years. In case you are looking to safeguard your family as long as possible, why not go for a term insurance policy with a 35-year period?
Like any other term insurance policy, this one too works in the same manner. Payment of regular premiums ensure your loved ones receive a death benefit; in case you die during the policy tenure. This is a sure shot solution to protect your family, even when you are not around.
How does a 35-year term policy work?
Once the policyholder invests in a term policy with a 35-year period, it is mandatory for them to pay regular premiums to avail the benefits of the plan. In this case, a death benefit is offered if the life assured loses his life during the tenure. Even if the policyholder’s health deteriorates, the policy continues to function until premiums are paid. There is no maturity benefit that’s extended if the policyholder survives through the tenure, unless one opts for a term plan with a Return of Premium option, which allows policyholders to reap the maturity benefit if they survive the entire policy tenure.
The benefits of a 35-year term insurance policy
If you’re planning to purchase a term insurance policy that covers you for 35 years, here are a few benefits you should be aware of:
- Security for 35 years to the policyholder’s family, offering peace of mind. It is best to invest in the plan in case you are 50 years or younger.
- Death benefit offered to the family; in case the policyholder dies during the policy term. It could be natural death, death by accident, or death due to critical illness. Suicides as a cause of death are accepted for death benefit only after 12 months of the purchase of policy. Also, deaths due to driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol are not covered by term insurance, nor are deaths caused by participation in hazardous activities, adventure sports or illegal activities. Deaths occurring due to pregnancy, childbirth or pre-existing health conditions are not covered as well..
- Surrender benefit is offered if the policyholder surrenders the policy before the policy tenure ends
- Helps in planning future financial needs
- Income tax benefit under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act* as well as exemption from tax for the death benefit under Section 10(10D)
- Offers option to add riders for an added layer of security
- Affordable premiums to ensure coverage, without emptying the pockets of the policyholder. The premium may increase if the health of the policyholder is at high risk
Is there any way to calculate 35-year term life insurance premiums?
The premium is calculated based on a range of factors, including the age of the policyholder, family size, annual income, sum assured, medical history, and if they have a history of smoking or any other major health risks. If someone has greater health risk, be prepared to pay a higher premium.
1. Who should avail the 35-year term insurance policy?
It is a wise decision for those who are younger or up to 50 years of age to apply for the policy.
2. Does one receive a maturity benefit if the policyholder survives during the tenure of the 35-year term insurance plan?
No. If the policyholder survives the term, they do not receive any maturity benefit.
3. Can cancelling the policy before the end of the tenure attract a penalty?
There is no such clause. Cancelling the policy before the tenure does not attract any penalty.
- Can NRIs Buy Term Insurance in India?
- What is a Level Term Life Insurance policy?
- 5 Simple Steps to Follow When Buying Term Insurance
- 4 Simple Methods to Calculate : How Much Term Insurance You Need
Not sure which insurance to buy?
Talk to an
Advisor right away
Advisor right away
We help you to choose best insurance plan based on your needs
Here are a few more articles about Term Insurance.
We help you to make informed insurance decisions for a lifetime.
- Best Investment Plans
- What is Term Insurance
- 1 Crore Term Insurance
- Short term saving plan
- Term insurance
- Saving plans
- ULIP Plan
- Health Plans
- Child Insurance Plans
- Group Insurance Plans
- Long Term Savings Plan
- Fixed Maturity Plan
- Monthly Income Advantage Plan
- Pension Calculator
- BMI Calculator
- Compound Interest Calculator
- Term insurance Calculator
- Tax Savings Investment Options
- 2 crore term insurance
- 50 lakhs term insurance
- annuity plans
- Investment Calculator
- get pension of 30000 per month
- ULIP Returns in 5 Years
- investment plan for 5 years
- investment plan for 10 years
- 50-Lakh Investment Plan
- guaranteed returns plans
- sanchay plans
- Pension plans
##Individual death claim settlement ratio by number of policies as per audited annual statistics for FY 2021-22.
#Provided we have received all the relevant and required documents and no further investigation is required. Claim settlement process would be completed within stipulated timelines once the claim request is approved
^ Available under Life & Life Plus plan options
*As per Income Tax Act, 1961. Tax benefits are subject to changes in tax laws.
ARN - ED/05/23/1817