This statement and the policy outlined herein are not intended to and do not create any contractual or financial or any other legal rights in favor of any User or viewer or any other party.
- Information Collection
- Use of information
- Sharing of Information
- Third party offers
- Policy Changes
- Information Security
- Warranty Disclaimer
- Contact Information
- a. “HDFC Life” or “Us” or “We”- refers to HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited (Formerly HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company Limited).
- b. “Policy” or ”Insurance Policy”- refers to life insurance contract issued/ that may be issued by HDFC Life.
- d. “You” or “Your” or “User(s)”- refers to the person accessing the Website in any capacity.
- e. “Website”- refers to www.hdfclife.com.
- f. “Services” - all services made available by HDFC Life through its Website.
2. Information Collection
HDFC Life collects information in one or more ways as mentioned below:
Information you give Us: Some of the Services made available on the Website require registration in order to create an account. The registration information typically asked for includes Your policy number (if applicable), name, e-mail address etc which is voluntarily provided from Your end and help us in personally identifying You. This information is necessary to initiate as well as continually use Your online account. If the information provided for such registration is wrong or has changed, You can update it quickly or delete it unless We have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. However at the back end, audit trail keeping may require Us to retain copy/ log of such information.
Information We get from your use of our Services on the Website: Visiting and using Services offered under the Website by HDFC Life may result in the Website receiving performance and usage information such as the date and time of Your visit, the kind of browser or computer You use, default language setting, Your unique Internet Protocol address, the number of links You click within the Website, the pages You viewed on the Website, and the web page from which You arrived to our Website. This information however will not be used to personally identify You.
Information We get through sending one or more cookies or anonymous identifiers to Your device:Cookies are small electronic text files that contain information that a website uses to store User preferences and settings. You have the option to reset Your browser to control cookies; however, some of the Services offered by the Website may not function properly if cookies are refused/reset/deleted.
3. Use of information
Any information that We collect from You may be used for a variety of purposes including but not limited to the following:
- To provide Services to all Users of the Website
- To personalize Your experience,
- To improve our Website,
- To improve our products and customer service,
- To process transactions, where requested, under Your User Id and Password,
- To send periodic emails,
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site or business feature,
- To close a sale as well as for post sales information gathering,
- To communicate with You for any other post sales requirement, and
- To conduct statistical analysis
4. Sharing of Information
- The Website does not collect any personally identifiable information (except in relation to online purchase) unless voluntarily provided by You, and HDFC Life confirms that it shall not rent or sell any of your personally identifiable information. However You would be required to provide personal information, including personally identifiable information in the course of Your purchasing or initiating a transaction for purchase of a life insurance policy/ our products, or for initiating any other service request/ transaction under any product purchased by You.
HDFC Life will require personally identifiable information to be shared for external processing with third party vendors:
- To meet requirements of any applicable law, regulation, legal process, enforceable governmental request, or customary practice directly or through our affiliates / banks / financial institutions / credit bureaus / agencies,
- To meet requirements of participation of any telecommunication or electronic clearing network,
- For statistical analysis and verification or risk management,
- To enforce applicable terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations,
- To detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, and
- To protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of HDFC Life, our Users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- To outsource non core activities as defined under the IRDAI guidelines.
Your usage of the website would also imply Your acceptance of the aforesaid terms.
HDFC Life retains the right to share non-personally identifiable information with third parties for business purposes, to assess Website traffic, patterns and other such purposes. HDFC Life also retains the right to share non-personally identifiable information to comply with applicable legal and regulatory processes, or to protect and defend the rights and interests of HDFC Life and its affiliates and/or other Users or to enforce the terms and conditions which are binding on all Users of the Website.
We will take reasonable efforts to ensure the confidentiality of any personally identifiable information.
HDFC Life retains the right to communicate with You (via e-mail, postal service / courier or mobile messaging services) when You have agreed to receive such communication or where operational or regulatory requirements require Us to do so. HDFC Life further retains its right to communicate through third party vendors. You shall have the option to unsubscribe to receive such email communication.
6. Third party offers
7. Policy Changes
8. Information Security
- We take reasonable precautions to protect the Website and our Users information from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information We hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our Services using SSL certificates
- We provide role based access to Users who need to login to our Website ,
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We permit access to personally identifiable information to our employees, contractors and agents who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations for data processing purposes.
9. Warranty Disclaimer
Information, content and materials provided on this Website are on an “As Is” basis and HDFC Life does not make any express or implied representation or warranty regarding the accuracy or completeness of the same.
10. Contact Information
The Information Technology Department,
HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited (Formerly HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company Limited),
'Lodha Excelus', 12th Floor,Apollo Mills Compound,
N .M. Joshi Road, Mahalaxmi, Maharashtra,
Mumbai - 400 011.
Email id: email@example.com
All Rights Reserved. © HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited (Formerly HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company Limited). 2013