Insurance for NRIs - what to choose
The key features of insurance for NRIs are extensive and while choosing an insurance plan, it is important to choose the plan as per specific needs and requirements. The important features of an ideal insurance plan for NRIs are as follows:
- The plan must be extensive and must offer coverage for the needs of the entire family. Before choosing a plan, you must list out the details of the coverage that you require for the future needs of your family. This will allow you to choose wisely and will help you avoid being underinsured. Understanding the amount of coverage requires you to analyze carefully the short term and long term goals and note the projected coverage in accordance.
- The sum assured must take inflation into account, as this directly impacts the corpus that will be created. Any amount of financial planning is incomplete without taking the factor of inflation into consideration. Inflation basically denotes the increase in prices over a period of time and since insurance is a futuristic instrument for protection, you can gauge the right amount of sum assured only if you consider inflation.
- The plan that you choose must allow the provision for the growth of your funds and not only coverage. The right kind of a plan must allow you to invest in fund options, depending on your risk appetite so that along with the coverage benefits, you can also ensure returns over a period of time.
- The insurance plan must have flexible and beneficial riders or additional benefits like coverage against critical illness, accidents, etc. This may impact the payable premiums but is a necessary inclusion in addition to the main plan benefits.
HDFC Life offers various NRI insurance plans that offer significant coverage benefits and come with a variety of options as per the needs of the prospective customers. For details, click on the mentioned link: https://www.hdfclife.com/nri-insurance-plan.
Subscribe to get the latest articles directly in your inbox
Life & Term Articles
New Union Budget Highlights 2022-2023
February 05, 2022
Term Insurance Tax Benefits Under Section 80C & 80D
November 14, 2023
Term Insurance Guide
August 16, 2022
Here's all you should know about life insurance.
We help you to make informed insurance decisions for a lifetime.
- term insurance plan
- savings plan
- ulip plan
- retirement plans
- health plans
- child insurance plans
- group insurance plans
- long term savings plan
- fixed maturity plan
- monthly income advantage plan
- income tax calculator
- pension calculator
- bmi calculator
- compound interest calculator
- term insurance calculator
- income tax
- tax saving investment options
- best investment plans
- benefits of term insurance calculator
- what is term insurance
- why to invest in life insurance
- tax planning for salaried employees
- how to choose best child insurance plan
- tips for buying retirement plan
- 1 crore term insurance
- importance of saving
- short term saving plans
- types of investment in india
- investment declaration
- Life Insurance
- Union Budget 2023
- New Income Tax Slab 2023-24
- HRA Calculator
- Term Insurance