Why you need this plan ?
- Cancer can affect anyone, anytime
- There is an alarming increase in cancer cases in India and around the world
- Cancer cases are only expected to rise
- If diagnosed cancer treatment can be expensive
- Staying financially prepared is half the battle won
PROTECT YOURSELF FROM THE RISING COSTS OF CANCER CARE.GET COVERED IN A FEW SIMPLE STEPS.
Explore HDFC Life Cancer CareFeatures
HDFC Life Cancer Care offers lump sum benefit on detection of Early and Major cancer
3 plan options to choose from – Silver, Gold and Platinum
Regular income for 5 years only under Platinum option
Waiver of Premium Benefit in case of diagnosis of Early Stage Cancer
Simplified issuance process without medicals**
Avail tax benefits under section 80D of the Income Tax Act 1961*
* Tax benefits are subject to change as per tax laws
**Based on a Short Medical Questionnaire (SMQ)
Benefits offered under the various Plan Options
- Offer lump sum benefits on diagnosis of Cancer as per the table below:
DIAGNOSIS OF % OF APPLICABLE SUM INSURED Early Stage cancer or Carcinoma-in-situ (CIS) 25 Major Cancer 100 less early Stage Cancer or CIS Claims, if any
- Waiver of Premium: On a valid claim of Early Stage Cancer or Carcinoma-in-situ (CIS) diagnosis, premiums will be waived for a period of 3 policy years.
Gold Option:In addition to the benefit offered under Silver Benefit, under this option Increased Benefit under this option Increased Benefit is also payable. In Increased benefit, the Sum Insured increases by 10% of initial Sum Insured each year starting from the first policy anniversary. This will continue till the earlier of:
- Increased Sum Insured becoming 200% of the Initial Sum Insured or
- Any claim event
- Platinum Option: In addition to the benefit offered under Gold Benefit, this option offers monthly income of 1% of applicable Sum Insured for 5 years, on diagnosis of listed Major Cancer.
- Offers Premium discounts for Sum Insured above Rs 10 Lakhs
85 yrs -
PREMIUM PAYING FREQUENCIES
- Half Yearly
7 day survival period between the date of diagnosis of a condition and the date eligibility for a benefit payment would be applicable.
HDFC Life brings to you a comprehensive Cancer Care plan that provides financial protection for both early and major stage of cancer.
This is a plan that not only gives pay outs but also a waiver on premium for the next 3 policy years on diagnosis of early stage of cancer.
There is an increased benefit where the Sum insured under the policy increases every year under the Gold and Platinum option. Also, offers an income benefit under the Platinum option.
With the rising incidence of Cancer in our country, it is necessary to protect your loved against it. To ensure that you and your family are financially protected against this giant disease, Cancer, HDFC Life brings for you HDFC Life Cancer Care ones which will take care of emergencies and help you to continue achieving your life goals without any speed breaker. The various features of the plan are as follows:
- Comprehensive cancer plan that provides financial protection to you and your family against early or major stages of cancer
- Lump sum payout is provided on diagnosis of early or major stages of cancer
- Future Premiums for next 3 policy years will be waived off on receiving a valid claim of early stage cancer
- Offers Income benefit for next 5 years on diagnosis of Major Stage Cancer, under Platinum option
- Under Gold and Platinum option, the Sum Insured will be increased by 10% every year. This will continue till the increased Sum Insured becomes 200% of the Initial Sum Insured or if any claim is done whichever is earlier.
All benefits and payouts are independent of any other health insurance plan
- Provides tax benefits on premiums paid up to Rs 55,000 under Sec 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
There are 3 plan options available in this product namely Silver, Gold and Platinum. The base benefit is applicable on all the 3 options. The Increased benefit is applicable on Gold and Platinum options where as income benefit is applicable only on the Platinum option.
There would be discount in the form of lower premium rates for incremental Sum Insured over & above Rs. 10,00,000.
The premium paying frequency available for this plan is Annual, Half-Yearly, Quarterly & Monthly.
Yes, the sum insured limit will increase from the subsequent year but this increased benefit is applicable in case of the policyholders who have chosen the Gold and Platinum plan. Under this benefit, the Sum Insured will increase at a rate of 10% of the Initial Sum Insured per annum starting from the first policy anniversary.
This increase will continue till the earlier of:
- Increased Sum Insured becoming 200% of initial Sum Insured and
- Any claim event.
Once the claim is made, all future claims shall be based on the Increased Sum Insured at the time of first claim. Further increases to the increased Sum Insured shall not be applicable.
Payout will be depending upon the plan Option chosen.
In case of Silver Option the lump sum benefit is payable:
|Diagnosis of||% of Applicable Sum Insured|
|Early Stage cancer or Carcinoma-in-situ (CIS)||25|
|Major Cancer||100 less Early Stage Cancer or CIS claims, if any|
In addition to the above on a valid claim of Early Stage Cancer or Carcinoma-in-situ (CIS) diagnosis, premiums will be waived for a period of 3 policy years. In case the outstanding term is less than 3 years then premiums for the outstanding term would be waived
Gold Option: Under this option the policyholder receives the benefits described under the Silver option plus an increased benefit.
Under Increased benefit, the Sum Insured increases by 10% of initial Sum Insured each year starting from the first policy anniversary. This will continue till the earlier of:
- Increased Sum Insured becoming 200% of the Initial Sum Insured or
- Any claim event
Once the claim is made, all future claims shall be based on the Increased Sum Insured at the time of first claim and further increases to the Increased Sum Insured shall not be applicable.
Under this option the policyholder receives the benefits described under the Gold option benefit plus regular Income Benefit.
Under Income benefit option a monthly income equivalent to 1% of applicable Sum Insured would be paid out to you on diagnosis of the listed major cancers for a fixed period of next 5 policy years.
The minimum cover for the policy is Rs.10 lakhs whereas the maximum cover for the policy is Rs.50 lakhs.
Product brochure download
Premium Rates Download
HDFC Life Cancer Care
Things to Know
The importance of having cancer cover
Reema# is a young and vibrant individual. She has never smoked and lives an active and healthy life. For a few days, Reema had a terrible cough, and started experiencing shortness of breath. She went for a check-up, where she was diagnosed with lung cancer. While the cancer was caught early, Reema's medical insurance did not cover the cost of her treatment. As Reema's health was on the mend, her savings were completely wiped out, and she was forced to build her savings from scratch once again.
We all hear stories like Reema's, but we always believe that cancer is something that happens to others, and never affects us. Unfortunately, this is not true. According to a recent research more than 1 million cancer cases are diagnosed every year1. By 2020 Cancer cases are expected to rise by 20%.
The number of cancer cases in the country is definitely increasing; and breathing in polluted cities like Delhi and Mumbai has been said to be as bad for you as smoking a packet of cigarettes every day.
If not treated on time cancer treatment can be expensive. Over 45% of families drain their savings for cancer treatment. Very few health insurance policies will cover diseases like cancer, and cancer treatment drugs can cost up to Rs. 8 lakh*. Keeping this in mind, it's a good idea to opt for a comprehensive plan, like the HDFC Life Cancer Care plan, over your regular health insurance, which will take care of your finances, leaving you free to focus on your health.
#The name and character of Reema is used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual person, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.
- The cost of cancerCancer is the kind of disease that requires medical care over a very long period of time. Recurring medical costs are quite draining, and cancer treatment can completely wipe out an individual's life savings. Insurance companies have understood the need to provide comprehensive cover, and a number of insurance policies are now available that are especially crafted for people who are at a high risk for cancer, as well as for people who are health conscious and regularly go for cancer screening tests.
- Catching cancer earlyAs with diabetes, cholesterol, high blood pressure and a number of other heredity diseases, constant screening is the easiest and fastest way to detect cancer while it's still in its early stages. If cancer is detected early, the treatment is not only less costly, it is also more effective.
- Medical Insurance v/s Cancer CareA good medical insurance policy will generally cover the costs for an ambulance, hospital room charges, and the doctor's fee if the insured person is required to be admitted for treatment. Unfortunately, most health insurance policies will not cover expensive treatments such as cancer treatment. At the end of the day, you are the best judge of your medical needs. While it is important to have a regular health insurance plan in place to cover hospitalisation costs, you need to decide whether you need a cancer care plan based on various factors.
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU
Stay updated with HDFC Life
Get HDFC Life updates in your mailbox