- Start early: Starting early is very essential as it gives you a timely leverage and allows you to create a sufficient corpus as per the chosen policy. It is very essential that you must compare the various features that are being offered by the insurance providers and then take an informed decision keeping in mind your specific requirements.
- Choosing basic health insurance coverage: There are various insurers who offer disease-specific insurance plans at higher rates of payable premium. An intelligent choice that you can make is to choose a basic plan that offers primary coverage and then opt for specific riders, as per your needs. This allows you to save on the total payable premiums.
- Choosing a group health cover: Group health cover provided by employers is quite beneficial as the chargeable premiums are extremely low in comparison to individual covers. Besides, the remittance of the benefits in times of requirement is almost immediate. Hence, regardless of whether you have an individual plan or not, you must opt for group health insurance cover provided by your employer.
- Opting for family floater schemes: Family floater schemes offer joint healthcare coverage for you, your dependent spouse and dependent children. The coverage points are also extensive and the payable premiums are low in comparison to a directed, individual cover.
- Choosing top-up options: If you feel that the coverage offered by the plan is insufficient, then you must choose top-up option, instead of choosing a new policy altogether. This means that you will pay only for the top-up features and not for an entirely new health plan.
- Choosing no-claim bonus: Many health insurance providers offer the benefit of no-claim bonus for any given year, during which no claim was made by you. Thus, the basic cover is enhanced by way of these bonuses and you can avail of the same.
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle: This is the primary manner in which you can save on your health insurance. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle allows you to cut down on your medical bills and hence, the base plan benefits that accrue are significantly greater than what they will be if the claims are made frequently.
HDFC Life offers various health insurance plans that are aimed at securing your finances in the event of any health-related contingency. For details, click on the mentioned link: https://www.hdfclife.com/health-insurance-plans.
Porting Health Insurance Plans Without Losing Benefits | HDFC Life
August 03, 2021
Simple Steps to Switch Your Health Insurance Policy | HDFC Life
August 03, 2021
Buying Family Floater Health Plan? - Things You Must Know | HDFC Life
August 03, 2021
Subscribe to get the latest articles directly in your inbox
HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited. CIN: L65110MH2000PLC128245, IRDAI Reg. No. 101.
Registered Office: Lodha Excelus, 13th Floor, Apollo Mills Compound, N.M. Joshi Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai 400 011. Email: [email protected], Tel No: 1800-266-9777 (10 am to 7 pm). The name/letters “HDFC” in the name/logo of the company belongs to Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited (“HDFC Limited”) and is used by HDFC Life under an agreement entered into with HDFC Limited.
For more details on risk factors, associated terms and conditions and exclusions please read sales brochure carefully before concluding a sale.
|BEWARE OF SPURIOUS PHONE CALLS AND FICTIOUS/FRAUDULENT OFFERS