- Ease of purchase- No need to buy from different insurers.
- Service touch points in over 600 branches of both insurers.
- 5% discount* on total premium on purchase of Click 2 Protect Health.
- Only plan that provides tax benefits under section 80C, 80D and 10D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- A customer has to give a single cheque, go for single documentation and single medical test to buy this policy.
- * Discount of 5% on annual premiums paid towards both Life & Health will be offered. If Customer decides to opt out of one of the products, the discount, if any, shall not be available to the Customer going forward.
- Provide financial protection to you and your family at an affordable cost
- Customize your plan with a choice of 9 plan options
- All future premiums are waived on Accidental Total Permanent Disability (Available under all options) and on diagnosis of Critical Illness (available under 3D Life & 3D Life Long Protection options).
- Protect yourself for whole of life with lifelong protection options
- Flexibility to choose your policy and premium payment terms
- Life Stage Protection feature offers to increase insurance cover on certain key milestones without medicals
- Flexibility to increase your cover every year through top-up option
- Special premium rates for female lives.
- Attractive premium rates for non-tobacco users
- Tax benefits** under section 80C and 10 (10 D)as per prevailing tax laws
- ** Calculated on highest tax bracket i.e.`46,350/- under Sec. 80C (Life Insurance Plan) and `16,995/- under Sec. 80D (Health Insurance Plan). As per Section 80CCE, the aggregate amount of deduction under Sec. 80C, 80CCC and 80CCD(1), shall not in, any case, exceed `1,50,000/-. The above mentioned tax benefits are subject to changes in tax laws. These calculations are illustrative and based on our understanding of current tax legislation. Above figures are calculated for a salaried employee at the highest tax bracket. Please contact your tax consultant for an exact calculation of your tax liabilities.
- Restore benefit– A unique benefit that automatically reinstates the basic sum insured in case you exhaust it in a policy year.
- Multiplier benefit– We will increase your basic sum insured by 50% for every claim free year upto 100% of basic sum insured
- Stay Active benefit- Now with Stay Active benefit, simply walk your way to good health and earn upto 8% discount on your renewal premium.
- Preventive Health Check-up- This Policy helps you keep track of your health status with its preventive health check up benefit offered at renewal irrespective of claim status
- Lifelong renewal- Offers lifelong coverage on continuous renewal and stay covered forever
- No sub-limit on room rent- With this health plan you can get the room you like and the treatment you deserve without a hassle
- Cashless transaction- Policy enables you to get treated on a cashless basis across 4500 + network hospitals in over 830 cities.
- No geography based sub-limits- No matter where you buy your policy you can get treated in any city or hospital you like in the country with no additional co pays or sub-limits
- No claim based loading- We will never load your renewal premium because you claimed or fell ill after taking our policy
- Quick turnaround time- You don't have to worry about claim pre-authorization, 90% of pre authorization is done within 2 hours
- Quick claim payment- When it comes to claim settlement, we're one of the fastest in the industry to honor every genuine claim
- Easy upgrade- This health plan also comes with an easy upgrade option. You can upgrade your cover to the next slab at the time of your policy renewal
- You can avail tax benefits for the premium amount under Section 80 D of the Income Tax Act*
* Tax benefits are subject to change from time to time
Terminal Illness Benefit
Benefit on Accidental & Total Permanent Disability (ATPD)
Critical Illness Benefit
All Options except Life Long Protection Option & 3D Life Long Protection Option
- Limited : 5-39 yrs
Life Long Protection Option & 3D Life Long Protection Option
- Whole of Life
- Limited : 65-Age at Entry
- Whole of Life
- 1 year or 2 year period (sum insured & benefits will applicable on policy year basis)
- 1 year policy period: Annual
- 2 year policy period: Single
- Life Long on continuous Renewals
- 3 Lakh
- 5 Lakh
- 10 Lakh
- 15 Lakh
- 20 Lakh
- 25 Lakh
- 50 Lakh
Click 2 Protect Health provides both Protection and Health benefits under one plan. It protects you and your loved ones from financial losses due to death or health incidents.
A Combo Plan is one where two or more products of the same company are sold together as a solution. A Combi Plan is one which is a combination of a life plan and a health plan from two different insurers.
A customer has to give a single cheque, go for single documentation and single medical test to buy this policy.
A customer will get 5% discount (offline) on annual premiums paid towards both Life & Health. At any time during the validity of the policy, the Customer decides to opt out of the insurance coverage of one of the Insurer, the discount, if any, being offered to such Customer under Click 2 Protect Health shall not be available to the Customer going forward.
Yes, the health part of the Click 2 Protect Health allows any health policy from another insurer to be ported, subject to waiting periods.
Protection- Premiums paid by an individual or HUF under this plan are eligible for tax benefits under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act, 1961, subject to the conditions/ limits specified therein. Under Section 10 (10D) of the Income Tax Act, 1961, the benefits received from this policy are exempt from tax, subject to the conditions specified therein. Please note that the above mentioned benefits are as per the current tax rules. Your tax benefits may change if the tax rules are changed. You are requested to consult your tax advisor.
Health- The premium amount paid under this policy qualifies for deduction under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
Under this option your nominee will get a Lumpsum Benefit on death or diagnosis of Terminal Illness. Your future premiums will be waived upon Accidental Total Permanent Disability. These benefits are available under all plan options
In addition to the benefits under Life Option, you will receive an additional benefit of waiver of your future premiums upon diagnosis of Critical Illness under 3D Life option
In addition to the benefits under Life Option, you get an additional Extra Life Sum Assured upon death due to Accident under Extra Life option. Customer has the flexibility to select the amount of Extra Life Sum Assured (maximum upto Base Sum Assured)
In addition to the benefits under Life Option, Life Assured is covered for whole life under Life Long Protection option. Premiums under this option have to be paid only till an age of 65.
Under this feature, you have the option to increase the basic Sum Assured without underwriting on any of the below specified events in the life of the Life Assured
- 1stMarriage: 50% of Sum Assured subject to a maximum of Rs. 50 lakhs
- Birth of 1st child: 25% of Sum Assured subject to a maximum of Rs. 25 lakhs
- Birth of 2nd child: 25% of Sum Assured subject to a maximum of Rs. 25 lakhs
This feature is available under all plan options
This option provides for a systematic increase of your cover from 1st policy anniversary onwards. This option is available under all plan options and has to be opted at policy inception.
You shall have the option to alter the premium payment frequency at any Policy anniversary
These plan options provide Waiver of Premium benefit if the Life Assured is diagnosed with any of the 34 covered Critical Illness
ATPD means when the life assured is totally, continuously and permanently disabled and meets either of the two definitions below:
- Unable to Work:
Disability as a result of injury or accident and is thereby rendered totally incapable of being engaged in any work or any occupation or employment for any compensation, remuneration or profit and he/she is unlikely to ever be able to do so.
- Physical Impairments:
The life assured suffers an injury/accident due to which there is total and irrecoverable loss of:
i. The use of two limbs; or
ii. The sight of both eyes; or
iii. The use of one limb and the sight of one eye; or
iv. Loss by severance of two or more limbs at or above wrists or ankles; or
v. The total and irrecoverable loss of sight of one eye and loss by severance of one limb at or above wrist or ankle.
The disabilities as stated under “Unable to Work” and “Physical Impairments” must have lasted, without interruption, for at least 6 consecutive months and must, in the opinion of a medical practitioner (as defined below), be deemed permanent. The benefit will commence upon the completion of this uninterrupted period of 6 months. However, for the disabilities mentioned in (iv) and (v) under Part (2), such 6 months period would not be applicable and the benefit will commence immediately.
A life assured shall be regarded as terminally ill only if that life assured is diagnosed as suffering from a condition which, in the opinion of two independent medical practitioners’ specializing in treatment of such illness, is highly likely to lead to death within 6 months. The terminal illness must be diagnosed and confirmed by medical practitioners’ registered with the Indian Medical Association and approved by the Company. The Company reserves the right for independent assessment. Terminal illness due to AIDS is excluded. The definition of medical practitioner will be in line with Guidelines on Standardization in Health Insurance, and as defined below: A Medical Practitioner is a person who holds a valid registration from the Medical Council of any State or Medical Council of India or Council for Indian Medicine or for Homeopathy set up by the Government of India or a State Government and is thereby entitled to practice medicine within its jurisdiction; and is acting within the scope and jurisdiction of licence. The person must be qualified in allopathic system of medicine and shall not be the Life Assured himself/herself.
For a housewife
If husband is not covered/uninsurable (Uninsurable health condition or over age), maximum sum insured is allowable to the extent of Rs 300000.
Sum insured allowable may extend up to the amount of coverage on husband, if husband is covered under indemnity based individual health policy [coverage under group insurance will not be considered] with AMHI or any indemnity based individual health insurance policy with other insurer (supporting documents like schedule/renewal notice must be submitted)
For a student
Maximum sum insured allowable to the extent of parents/siblings sum insured, subject to equal or higher coverage on parents and equal amount of coverage on siblings (supporting documents like schedule/renewal notice must be submitted if sum insured requested for more than 3 lacs; else no documents required in this regard only declaration would suffice) OR if education loan taken then coverage may be allowed up to 75% of the loan amount irrespective of parent‟s or sibling‟s coverage, maximum of higher of above or 5 lacs (supporting documents like loan sanction letter and disbursement advise must be submitted) OR if getting stipend (PhD, MBBS/MD/MS, etc) coverage may be allowed as per eligibility irrespective of parent‟s or sibling‟s coverage (Refer financial underwriting section)
For a widow
Maximum sum insured allowable to the extent of Rs 300000 if not earning or unearned income only; as per eligibility in case if earning
For a non working female
Maximum sum insured allowable to the extent of parents/siblings sum insured, subject to equal or higher coverage on parents and equal amount of coverage on siblings (supporting documents like schedule/renewal notice must be submitted if sum insured requested for more than 3 lacs; else no documents required in this regard only declaration would suffice)
The maximum number of members included in a family floater if 4. The available combinations are
Adults, 2 Adults +1 child, 2 Adults +2 Children, 1 Adult +1 Child, 1 Adult +2 Children, 1 Adult + 3 Children.
It is a renewal discount offered based on your average step count recorded in the mobile application provided by Us in the specified time interval. For a 1 year Policy, average step count is calculated for 4 different time intervals based on which discount for that interval is calculated. During renewal discount calculated for these intervals is accrued and applied on the Premium applicable. For a 2 year Policy, this is done for 8 different time intervals.
You have to download the mobile application provided by us using which steps taken by you are counted and recorded
This benefit is applicable to only adult members in the policy. Dependent children will not be considered for calculation of average steps.
In an individual policy, discount % would be applied on premium applicable per insured member based on the average step count calculated for each.
In a floater policy, discount % would be applied on premium applicable for Policy based on the average step count of all the Adult members in the policy. For example, in a 2A+2C floater policy, average steps of 2 Adults is computed based on which eligible discount is given.
The discount calculation for the adult member added in the mid- term of the policy will be done from the next time interval and not the ongoing time interval in which he/she has been added to the policy.
When an adult dependent is deleted from an individual policy he/she will be logged out of the StayActive application and any discount accrued for that member before cancellation cannot be transferred/Monetized.
When a Primary Insured is deleted, existing policy is cancelled and a new Policy is issued with a new policy number and member Id with the same Risk Start Date. Deleted member will be removed from the StayActive benefit and the remaining members will have to link the new member id with the existing login. After linking all the accrued steps and discount of the members will continue under new member id.
For calculation of average steps and discount, steps walked by the new member added will be considered from the next time interval and not the in ongoing time interval in which he/she has been added to the policy
When an adult dependent is deleted from an individual policy he/she will be logged out of the StayActive application. Steps walked by the deleted member before deletion will be considered for calculation of Average steps and discount. After the member deletion average will be calculated based on the steps walked by remaining members.
When a Primary Insured is deleted, existing policy is cancelled and a new Policy is issued with a new policy number and member Id with the same Risk Start Date. Deleted member will be removed from the Stay Active benefit and the remaining members will have to link the new member id with the existing login. After linking all the accrued steps and discount of the members will continue under new policy number and Steps walked by the member before deletion will be considered for calculation of Average steps and discount.
No, it is not cashless. You will be paid either actual expenses or Rs. 2.5 Lacs per hospitalization if all the specified conditions are satisfied.
This will be on reimbursement basis.
It will be decided by claims team during claim processing based on the treating doctor`s certificate and case papers for reimbursement
Internal congenital may or may not be genetic.
There is no standard hospital list available for Critical Advantage rider, basis the condition and complexity of the treatment, options for network hospital are provided to the customer to select from.
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU
Get HDFC Life updates in your mailbox
- Do Not Call Registration |
- Disclaimer |
- Terms & Conditions |
- Terminated Agent List |
- IRDAI Public Notice on Spurious Calls |
- Unclaimed Policy Details |
- IRDAI |
- Insurance Ombudsman |
- IRDAI Customer Education Website |
- Life Insurance Council |
- Memories for Life |
- QROPS |
- NRI Insurance Plans |
- Premium Payment |
- NAV Summary |
- Online Buying |
- Tools & Calculators |
- e-Insurance |
- Public Disclosures |