Download Form 26AS through TRACES
This article will tell you in detail about what in Form 26AS, and how you can download it from TRACES website
What is Form 26AS?
- Details of tax deducted on your income by deductors
- Details of tax collected by collectors
- Advance tax paid by the taxpayer
- Self-assessment tax payments
- Regular assessment tax deposited by the taxpayers (PAN holders)
- Details of refund received by you during the financial year
- Details of the High-value Transactions in respect of shares, mutual fund etc.
Parts of Form 26AS?
- Part A: Details of Tax Deducted at Source
- Part A1: Details of Tax Deducted at Source for Form 15G/Form 15H
- Part A2: Details of Tax Deducted at Source on sale of Immovable Property u/s194(IA) (For seller of Property)
- Part B: Details of Tax Collected at Source
- Part C: Details of Tax Paid (Other than TDS or TCS)
- Part D: Details of Paid Refund
- Part E: Details of AIR Transaction
- Part F: Details of Tax Deducted on sale of immovable property u/s194IA (For Buyer of property)
- Part G: TDS Defaults* (processing of defaults)
How to Download Form 26AS?
- Step 1: Go to https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and Login using your income tax department login & password. If you don't have an account, you'll need to Register first (see the button on top of LOGIN).
- Step 2:
- Enter your PAN number, password and date of birth / date of incorporation in DD/MM/YYYY format. And enter the captcha code. Now click on LOGIN.
- Enter PAN e filing website
- Step 3:
- Go to 'My Account'. Click on 'View Form 26AS' in the drop down
- View Form 26AS
- Step 4:
- Click on 'Confirm' so that you are redirected to the TRACES website. (Don't worry, this is a necessary step and is completely safe since it is a government website).
- TRACES Website
- Step 5:
- You are now on the TRACES (TDS-CPC) website. Select the box on the screen and click on 'Proceed'.
- TRACES TDS-CPC Website
- Step 6:
- Click on the link at the bottom of the page- 'Click View Tax Credit (Form 26AS) to view your Form 26AS'.
- View Tax Credit Traces
- Step 7:
- Choose the Assessment Year and the format in which you want to see the Form 26-AS. If you want to see it online, leave the format as HTML. You can also choose to download as a PDF. After you have made your choice, enter the 'Verification Code' and click on 'View/Download'.
- TRACES Verification code
- Step 8:
To open the document you have to enter a password. Form 26AS password is your DOB in DDMMYYY format. Your Income Tax Form 26AS will open.
Form 26AS can be downloaded: On the TRACES website or via Net Banking Facility of authorized banks
HDFC Life presents savings and investment schemes for your financial growth and betterment. For details, click on the mentioned link: https://www.hdfclife.com/savings-plans .
Subscribe to get the latest articles directly in your inbox
Life & Term Articles
New Union Budget Highlights 2022-2023
February 05, 2022
Term Insurance Tax Benefits Under Section 80C & 80D
May 23, 2023
Term Insurance Guide
August 16, 2022
Here's all you should know about life insurance.
We help you to make informed insurance decisions for a lifetime.
New or Old Regime for Financial Year 2023-2024 (Assessment Year 2024-25)
New or old tax regime for FY 2023-24 (AY 2024-25). Explore benefits, align with financial goals and make the right tax decision. To know more about it, visit HDFC Life now!
- Best Investment Plans
- What is Term Insurance
- 1 Crore Term Insurance
- Short term saving plan
- Term insurance
- Saving plans
- ULIP Plan
- Health Plans
- Child Insurance Plans
- Group Insurance Plans
- Long Term Savings Plan
- Fixed Maturity Plan
- Monthly Income Advantage Plan
- Pension Calculator
- BMI Calculator
- Compound Interest Calculator
- Term insurance Calculator
- Tax Savings Investment Options
- 2 crore term insurance
- 50 lakhs term insurance
- annuity plans
- Investment Calculator
- get pension of 30000 per month
- ULIP Returns in 5 Years
- investment plan for 5 years
- investment plan for 10 years
- 50-Lakh Investment Plan
- guaranteed returns plans
- sanchay plans
- Pension plans