ITR5: How Can I File ITR5 Online â€“ HDFC Life
The income tax department has mandated the ITR 5 form for the below mentioned income groups:
- A commercial establishment like a firm
- An LLP (Limited Liability Partnership)
- A BOI (Body of individuals) or AOP (Association of persons)
- Cooperative societies or registered societies.
- A non-entity (i.e. an entity that cannot be defined as a person, HUF, or a company) does not come under the purview of ITR 5.
For online income tax return filing using ITR 5 form, following are the steps to be undertaken:
- Using digital signature, furnish the relevant information
- The furnished data is then submitted on the filing application under different applicable schedules
- TheÂ verification is then submitted under ITR V form
A standard ITR5 form structured in the following manner must be filled accordingly after accessing the online filing application:
- Part A is where the general information etc. is submitted
- The gross income earned from the applicable income types is submitted in Part B
- There is Schedule HP, wherein the earnings from House Property are to be mentioned.
- The earnings from business or profession are submitted under schedule BP.
- Submission of any depreciation (regarding assets like machinery etc.) under IT Act is done in schedule DPM.
- Similarly, submission of any depreciation (regarding other assets) under IT Act is done in schedule DOA.
- Â A statement of depreciation on all assets is submitted in schedule DEP.
- In schedule DCG, the deemed capital gains (considering the sale of assets under depreciation clause) are submitted.
- Expenditure on scientific research is listed under schedule ESR.
- There is schedule OS, where the earnings from other sources are to be mentioned.
- Â The earnings that reflect after considering the current year losses are stated in Schedule CYLA.
- In Schedule BFLA, the earnings after set off of unabsorbed loss brought forward from previous fiscals are to be mentioned.
- Â Schedule CFL is where the details of Carry Forward Losses (to next fiscals) are mentioned
- Â Any details for unabsorbed depreciation are submitted in schedule UD.
- Â Under schedules 10A, 10AA, 10B, 10BA, 80IA, 80IB, 80IC/IE, the respective deductions under the respective sections are submitted.
- Â Any deduction applicable under Chapter VI A are submitted under schedule VI A.
- Â The alternate minimum tax payable (Section 115JC) is submitted under schedule AMT and the tax details under Section 115 JD are submitted under schedule AMTC.
- Schedules PTI, FSI, and TR are where the details pertaining to earnings from investment funds (under Sections 115-UA and UB), earnings from foreign deposits and details of taxes paid outside India are to be listed, respectively.
- The details of foreign assets are submitted under schedule FA.
While filing returns through ITR5, it must be kept in mind that NA (Not applicable) must be mentioned where the schedule is not relevant. Also, while mentioning amounts or figures, the figure must be rounded off to the nearest rupee. No documents are to be attached while filing the return through ITR5.
Find our tax saving calculator if you want to save your income tax. HDFC Life offers various savings and investment schemes for securing your financial growth and ensuring that you stay financially healthy at all times. For details, click on the mentioned link: https://www.hdfclife.com/savings-plans .Â
Income Tax Slab 2021-22
February 17, 2020
Income Tax Return Guide - Details You Should Know
November 07, 2016
Best Tax Saving Investment Options in 2022 (FY 2022-2023)
November 08, 2016
Subscribe to get the latest articles directly in your inbox
14 Best Investment Options In India
October 30, 2018
Short Term Investments: Top 11 Short Term Investment Options For 2022
November 08, 2016
Insurance vs Investment - Did You Get the Right Financial Plan?
November 05, 2018
Popular & Recent Articles
How to Plan for Retirement as Per your Age
"The thumb rule for retirement planning is - the earlier you start, the more you save. However, with age, your priorities change too. So, you need to factor in the cost of living in the present vis- a -vis future."
HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited. CIN: L65110MH2000PLC128245, IRDAI Reg. No. 101.
Registered Office: Lodha Excelus, 13th Floor, Apollo Mills Compound, N.M. Joshi Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai 400 011. Email: [email protected], Tel No: 1800-266-9777 (10 am to 7 pm). The name/letters “HDFC” in the name/logo of the company belongs to Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited (“HDFC Limited”) and is used by HDFC Life under an agreement entered into with HDFC Limited.
For more details on risk factors, associated terms and conditions and exclusions please read sales brochure carefully before concluding a sale.
|BEWARE OF SPURIOUS PHONE CALLS AND FICTIOUS/FRAUDULENT OFFERS