- Death benefit: This is the main sum assured i.e. the payable benefits to which the policy holder's nominee(s) are entitled in the event of the policy holder's demise during the policy term.
- Payable premiums: These are monthly, bi-annual, annual or one-time payments that have to be paid by the policy holder to the insurance provider in return for the purchased policy.
- Life Assured: Life insured is the person who is under the coverage of the insurance plan. In case of a traditional term insurance plan, mostly the life assured is the policy holder i.e. the person who pays the premiums. However, it may not always be the case. In case of a gifted policy (for instance, to a dependent spouse), the life insured may be the spouse while the person paying the premium is the husband/wife.
- Frequency of premium payment: This is the chosen or the decided frequency at which you are supposed to pay the premiums. This may be monthly, bi-annual or annual. Various insurance providers also provide the option of one-time lump-sum payment of the payable premiums in return for the accrued benefits.
- Policy term: This is the tenure of coverage i.e. the number of years for which the coverage is being sought under the plan. Once this term gets completed, the policy matures and the coverage ceases to exist.
- Maturity benefits: These are the monetary benefits for which the policy-holder is eligible in case she/he survives the policy term. A traditional life insurance policy entitles the policy holder to receive such benefits whereas a traditional term plan offers no such benefits, although certain plans do come with ROP i.e. the return of premium option at higher chargeable premium.
- Riders: These are the additional optional benefits that can be chosen together with the main plan benefits. These riders are in the form of riders for critical illnesses, accidental disabilities etc. While choosing to buy a rider, you must make sure that it meets your specific requirement.
Subscribe to get the latest articles directly in your inbox
HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited. CIN: L65110MH2000PLC128245, IRDAI Reg. No. 101.
Registered Office: Lodha Excelus, 13th Floor, Apollo Mills Compound, N.M. Joshi Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai 400 011. Email: [email protected], Tel No: 1800-266-9777 (10 am to 7 pm). The name/letters “HDFC” in the name/logo of the company belongs to Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited (“HDFC Limited”) and is used by HDFC Life under an agreement entered into with HDFC Limited.
For more details on risk factors, associated terms and conditions and exclusions please read sales brochure carefully before concluding a sale.
|BEWARE OF SPURIOUS PHONE CALLS AND FICTIOUS/FRAUDULENT OFFERS