NPS - Current Withdrawal, Exit And Taxation Rules Explained
Under NPS, a taxpayer can invest money in pension account, will have the option to take part of the corpus as lump-sum and the remaining in the form of a fixed monthly income. At 60, NPS subscribers are allowed to withdraw 60 per cent of the corpus of which, presently 40 per cent is tax exempt. However, the government has recently proposed to make the entire 60 per cent tax free. The proposed amendment will be effective from the tax year 2019-20. The remaining 40 per cent of the money will have to be invested in monthly pension annuity plan.
The NPS offers two choices to its subscribers:
1) Active Choice: where the investor can decide how to invest the money in different assets
2) Auto choice or lifecycle fund is the default option wherein the money in invested automatically as per the subscriber's age.
Further the NPS offers two accounts: Tier-I and Tier-II. While Tier-I is a mandatory account, Tier-II is voluntary. Also, you aren't authorized to withdraw all the money from Tier-I account till your retirement. However, from the Tier-II account, you can withdraw all the money invested in it.
The government's move to make NPS withdrawal limit tax free can be seen as a positive move to draw more investors into the scheme. Further with tax benefits under various sections of the Income Tax (Act), the investors will surely now look towards enhancing their investment portfolio in the last quarter of the financial year.
HDFC Life offers pension and retirement plans that are aimed at securing your retired life. For details, click on the mentioned link: https://www.hdfclife.com/retirement-and-pension-plans.
Tax Benefits of Various Pension Plans
Working of Pension Plans in India
What are Unit-linked Pension Plans
Types of Pension Plans and Their Tax Benefits
How to Choose a Pension Plan for Retirement Planning
Traditional vs. Unit Linked Pension Plan - Which One Should You Opt For?
Income Tax Slab 2021-22
February 17, 2020
Income Tax Return Guide - Details You Should Know
November 07, 2016
Best Tax Saving Investment Options in 2022 (FY 2022-2023)
November 08, 2016
Subscribe to get the latest articles directly in your inbox
14 Best Investment Options In India
October 30, 2018
Short Term Investments: Top 11 Short Term Investment Options For 2022
November 08, 2016
Insurance vs Investment - Did You Get the Right Financial Plan?
November 05, 2018
Popular & Recent Articles
How to Plan for Retirement as Per your Age
"The thumb rule for retirement planning is - the earlier you start, the more you save. However, with age, your priorities change too. So, you need to factor in the cost of living in the present vis- a -vis future."
HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited. CIN: L65110MH2000PLC128245, IRDAI Reg. No. 101.
Registered Office: Lodha Excelus, 13th Floor, Apollo Mills Compound, N.M. Joshi Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai 400 011. Email: [email protected], Tel No: 1800-266-9777 (10 am to 7 pm). The name/letters “HDFC” in the name/logo of the company belongs to Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited (“HDFC Limited”) and is used by HDFC Life under an agreement entered into with HDFC Limited.
For more details on risk factors, associated terms and conditions and exclusions please read sales brochure carefully before concluding a sale.
|BEWARE OF SPURIOUS PHONE CALLS AND FICTIOUS/FRAUDULENT OFFERS