What Is the Right Time to Teach Kids about Money Matters? HDFC Life
While choosing an insurance plan for your child, the primary thing is to ensure that there is sufficient coverage and no shortcoming of offered protection exists. Following are the right kind of steps that you must take so that your kids can develop a proper knowledge about money matters that can help them make informed decisions later in life:
- Â Start early: No age is too soon to teach your child about the importance of saving and why financial security is important. The time for financial planning begins as soon as your child reaches an age where she/he can comprehend the basics associated with savings. At this age, simply inculcating the habit of putting aside certain savings in a piggy bank can go a long way in deciding the long term habits that the child will learn.
- Involve children in financial activities: This is very essential. Involvement means setting up certain small financial pursuits like making the children observe over-the-counter transactions in a shop or elsewhere. Taking your children along when you visit a financial institution and letting them observe the proceedings is equally essential in the same sense. This makes the child develop a small understanding of the fiscal basics at an impressionable age and paves the way for their financial intelligence later in life.
- Handing over responsibilities with time: What this means is simply that as your child grows and becomes mature enough to handle transactions on her/his own, you must understand the need to let her/him handle a larger part of the responsibility. This means letting them make monetary transactions on their own with your controlled influence. This will imprint a strong understanding of financial transactions and will make them realize the value of financial responsibility and the role of discipline. Therefore, it paves the way for a maturity of financial sense where they can take their own independent decisions with a wider and responsible approach.
HDFC Life offers HDFC Life YoungStar Udaan â€“ a child specific plan that offers comprehensive financial benefits for your child so that you can give wings to your childâ€™s dreams and aspirations. For details, click on the mentioned link: https://www.hdfclife.com/children-insurance-plans/youngstar-udaan.
Income Tax Slab 2021-22
February 17, 2020
Income Tax Return Guide - Details You Should Know
November 07, 2016
Best Tax Saving Investment Options in 2022 (FY 2022-2023)
November 08, 2016
Subscribe to get the latest articles directly in your inbox
14 Best Investment Options In India
October 30, 2018
Short Term Investments: Top 11 Short Term Investment Options For 2022
November 08, 2016
Insurance vs Investment - Did You Get the Right Financial Plan?
November 05, 2018
Popular & Recent Articles
How to Plan for Retirement as Per your Age
"The thumb rule for retirement planning is - the earlier you start, the more you save. However, with age, your priorities change too. So, you need to factor in the cost of living in the present vis- a -vis future."
HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited. CIN: L65110MH2000PLC128245, IRDAI Reg. No. 101.
Registered Office: Lodha Excelus, 13th Floor, Apollo Mills Compound, N.M. Joshi Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai 400 011. Email: [email protected], Tel No: 1800-266-9777 (10 am to 7 pm). The name/letters “HDFC” in the name/logo of the company belongs to Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited (“HDFC Limited”) and is used by HDFC Life under an agreement entered into with HDFC Limited.
For more details on risk factors, associated terms and conditions and exclusions please read sales brochure carefully before concluding a sale.
|BEWARE OF SPURIOUS PHONE CALLS AND FICTIOUS/FRAUDULENT OFFERS
- term insurance plan
- savings plan
- ulip plan
- retirement plans
- health plans
- child insurance plans
- group insurance plans
- long term savings plan
- fixed maturity plan
- monthly income advantage plan
- income tax calculator
- pension calculator
- bmi calculator
- compound interest calculator
- term insurance calculator
- income tax
- tax saving investment options
- best investment plans
- benefits of term insurance calculator
- what is term insurance
- why to invest in life insurance
- tax planning for salaried employees
- how to choose best child insurance plan
- tips for buying retirement plan
- 1 crore term insurance
- importance of saving
- short term saving plans
- types of investment in india
- investment declaration