Tax Saving- Compare top 10 tax saving instruments in India under section 80C
Taxation forms an important part of our overall contribution towards our saving corpus and any financial planning is incomplete without it. This is obviously so given the fact that as investors, we all wish to avoid being overtaxed. Following is a list of the 10 ideal tax saving instruments in India, which come under the purview of Section 80C:
- ELSS (Equity Liked Savings Scheme): An ELSS comes with a lock in period of three years and is considered to be one of the best instruments for saving taxes in India. Under Section 80C, the contribution towards an ELSS is eligible for tax exemption (with an upper capping of Rs. 1.5 Lac in the particular financial year).
- EPF (Employees Provident Fund): EPF is a provisional annuity-driven instrument under which, equal contributions to EPF by the employer and the employee are mandated. All such contributions are eligible for deduction under Section 80C.
- PPF (Public Provident Fund): PPF is a traditional return-based scheme with focus on annuity and all contributions to the PPF made by individuals (excluding Hindu Undivided Families or HUFs) are eligible for deduction under Section 80C.
- SCSS (Senior Citizens Savings Scheme): For investments towards SCSS, tax exemption is admissible. Under Section 80C, the contribution towards an SCSS is eligible for tax exemption (with an upper capping of Rs. 1.5 Lac in the particular financial year).
- NPS (National Pension Scheme): NPS is a government-backed annuity-product that acts as a retirement support for employees of all sectors. Under Section 80C, the contribution towards NPS is eligible for tax exemption (with an upper capping of Rs. 1.5 Lac in the particular financial year).
- Unit linked insurance plans (ULIPs): ULIPs are market-related instruments and Under Section 80C, the contribution towards a ULIP is eligible for tax exemption (with an upper capping of Rs. 1.5 Lac in the particular financial year).
- NSC (National Savings Certificate): Under Section 80C, the contribution towards NSC is eligible for tax exemption (with an upper capping of Rs. 1.5 Lac in the particular financial year).
- Post Office savings schemes: Section 80C also covers the taxation for various Post Office savings scheme and exemptions are covered therein. Starting from the year, contributions towards Post Office savings schemes have been brought under the purview of Section 80C.
- Life insurance premiums: All the premiums that a policy holder pays towards a Life insurance plan are duly covered under Section 80C.
- In addition to the above, exemptions on contributions to Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana are also covered under Section 80C.
HDFC Life offers various saving and investment schemes that are aimed at ensuring that your funds grow and hence, for securing your financial health. For details, click on the mentioned link: https://www.hdfclife.com/savings-plans .
Income Tax Slab 2021-22
February 17, 2020
Income Tax Return Guide - Details You Should Know
November 07, 2016
Best Tax Saving Investment Options in 2022 (FY 2022-2023)
November 08, 2016
Subscribe to get the latest articles directly in your inbox
14 Best Investment Options In India
October 30, 2018
Short Term Investments: Top 11 Short Term Investment Options For 2022
November 08, 2016
Insurance vs Investment - Did You Get the Right Financial Plan?
November 05, 2018
Popular & Recent Articles
How to Plan for Retirement as Per your Age
"The thumb rule for retirement planning is - the earlier you start, the more you save. However, with age, your priorities change too. So, you need to factor in the cost of living in the present vis- a -vis future."
HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited. CIN: L65110MH2000PLC128245, IRDAI Reg. No. 101.
Registered Office: Lodha Excelus, 13th Floor, Apollo Mills Compound, N.M. Joshi Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai 400 011. Email: [email protected], Tel No: 1800-266-9777 (10 am to 7 pm). The name/letters “HDFC” in the name/logo of the company belongs to Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited (“HDFC Limited”) and is used by HDFC Life under an agreement entered into with HDFC Limited.
For more details on risk factors, associated terms and conditions and exclusions please read sales brochure carefully before concluding a sale.
|BEWARE OF SPURIOUS PHONE CALLS AND FICTIOUS/FRAUDULENT OFFERS
- term insurance plan
- savings plan
- ulip plan
- retirement plans
- health plans
- child insurance plans
- group insurance plans
- long term savings plan
- fixed maturity plan
- monthly income advantage plan
- income tax calculator
- pension calculator
- bmi calculator
- compound interest calculator
- term insurance calculator
- income tax
- tax saving investment options
- best investment plans
- benefits of term insurance calculator
- what is term insurance
- why to invest in life insurance
- tax planning for salaried employees
- how to choose best child insurance plan
- tips for buying retirement plan
- 1 crore term insurance
- importance of saving
- short term saving plans
- types of investment in india
- investment declaration