In this article, we have tried to cover a few important features of health insurance for your benefit.
- Alternate treatments: It is a general impression that health plans only cover allopathic treatments. As per the Insurance Regulatory Development Authority of India (IRDAI) 2013 guidelines, health plans can cover alternative treatments such as Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, and Homoeopathy. If you are a believer in alternate medicine, check if your insurance plan covers it.
- Free health check-up: Health plan covers free medical check-up up to a certain limit. These health check-ups are cashless and are available to people who have had four to five consecutive claim free years.
- No claims bonus: In case you don't file a claim during the policy's year-long tenure, you become eligible for a bonus. The bonus could be a higher sum insured (up to 50 percent) or a discount in premium during the annual renewal. Insurers may also offer a cumulative bonus instead for every no-claim year.
- Day care treatment: Home treatment for a disease or injury under medical supervision is compensated by the health insurance companies. There is a limit on the number of days and the plan varies from policy to policy. Check before you are buying a health plan and ask how many days of day care is covered.
- Recovery benefit: A few insurance companies also pay a lump sum to cover additional costs such as loss in income or compassionate visits by family members resulting from prolonged hospitalisation, as defined in the policy document. It could range from 7 to 12 days. Read the policy features to make use of this benefit.
- Daily cash benefit: A few insurance companies also cover your other expenses apart from the medical costs. These are costs like food, visits, etc. Check with your company and make use of this policy in case of hospitalization.
HDFC Life provides its patrons with a variety of health insurance policies. For more information, visit https://www.hdfclife.com/insurance-knowledge-centre/secure-your-health
Some less known facts about health insurance for your benefit
Subscribe to get the latest articles directly in your inbox
HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited. CIN: L65110MH2000PLC128245, IRDAI Reg. No. 101.
Registered Office: Lodha Excelus, 13th Floor, Apollo Mills Compound, N.M. Joshi Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai 400 011. Email: [email protected], Tel No: 1800-266-9777 (10 am to 7 pm). The name/letters “HDFC” in the name/logo of the company belongs to Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited (“HDFC Limited”) and is used by HDFC Life under an agreement entered into with HDFC Limited.
For more details on risk factors, associated terms and conditions and exclusions please read sales brochure carefully before concluding a sale.
|BEWARE OF SPURIOUS PHONE CALLS AND FICTIOUS/FRAUDULENT OFFERS