Following are the important points of difference between a traditional health insurance plan and mediclaim:
- A health insurance plan offers extensive coverage in times of any health-related emergency and generally, this coverage includes pre and post hospitalization benefits, medical consultation fee, costs against nursing, etc. However, a mediclaim policy offers coverage that is generally restricted to hospitalization and incidence of any specific illness.
- The scope of mediclaim policies is limited when viewed in comparison with health insurance plans. Health insurance plans offer detailed coverage that includes not only hospitalization but added benefits as well. The range of offered coverage includes multiple benefits as well as post-hospitalization and recuperation as well. This is not so with a specific mediclaim policy because it is restricted to pointed benefits.
- A standard health insurance plan also comes with additional riders or extra benefits that act as add-ons to the main plan benefits. However, this is not so with a mediclaim policy. A mediclaim policy does not offer any coverage in the form of riders and as such, as mentioned previously, the scope of coverage is quite limited.
- One more important point of difference between a health insurance plan and a mediclaim policy is that the sum assured in case of a standard health insurance plan is far greater than what is offered with a mediclaim policy. A mediclaim policy does not entitle a policy holder to a coverage that can exceed Rs 5 Lac. This is not the case with a health insurance plan.
- One more point of difference is in the mode of disbursement. With a health insurance plan, in the event of a critical illness or any accidental disability, the sum assured i.e. the main plan benefit is paid as a lump sum. However, with a mediclaim policy, the mode of disbursal is continual in nature and the reimbursement continues until the whole sum assured is paid.
HDFC Life offers various health insurance plans that serve to protect your finances in the event of any health-related contingencies. For details, click on the mentioned link: https://www.hdfclife.com/health-insurance-plans.
Porting Health Insurance Plans Without Losing Benefits | HDFC Life
August 03, 2021
Simple Steps to Switch Your Health Insurance Policy | HDFC Life
August 03, 2021
Buying Family Floater Health Plan? - Things You Must Know | HDFC Life
August 03, 2021
Subscribe to get the latest articles directly in your inbox
HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited. CIN: L65110MH2000PLC128245, IRDAI Reg. No. 101.
Registered Office: Lodha Excelus, 13th Floor, Apollo Mills Compound, N.M. Joshi Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai 400 011. Email: [email protected], Tel No: 1800-266-9777 (10 am to 7 pm). The name/letters “HDFC” in the name/logo of the company belongs to Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited (“HDFC Limited”) and is used by HDFC Life under an agreement entered into with HDFC Limited.
For more details on risk factors, associated terms and conditions and exclusions please read sales brochure carefully before concluding a sale.
|BEWARE OF SPURIOUS PHONE CALLS AND FICTIOUS/FRAUDULENT OFFERS