Insurance tips when you get divorce
- Ensure that you discontinue any joint insurance policies after making certain that you are the only party that is paying the premiums. This means that joint financial obligations must be taken care of by you. This may initially seem to be a very difficult thing to do but this is very essential because this ensures that there is significant credibility to your claims post-divorce.
- Taking out an individual policy is the next step that must be taken as this will relegate your financial decision-making to your own interests and financial capabilities. This must be in fact, done right after the filing for divorce as this will mean that you do not suffer from any bad credit score and that your independent financial leverage is maintained.
- Keeping a track of the payable premiums towards a policy until the time of lapse (which may still be there) is also important. This will give the necessary leverage as updating your financial records makes you attain more transparency in your records and helps you in preparing your independent budget accordingly. This also gives you the equitable idea of managing your liabilities and helps you in channelizing your income sources in a better manner.
- Create your own separate budget after the divorce and ensure that you change the beneficiaries on any of your finance-related plans or documents (e.g. your pension plans or post retirement plans, if any. Besides, you must try to become more independent in your financial dealings and take time to educate yourself properly about the available financial/investment options.
Remaining prepared financially for any such eventuality is always better and makes you more responsible towards your decisions. Being insured is one sure-shot way of ensuring that your savings and your finances stay secure at all times.
HDFC Life offers numerous term insurance plans for your benefit and for ensuring that there is a stable guarantee of a secure future at all times for you and for your loved ones. For details, click on the mentioned link: https://www.hdfclife.com/term-insurance-plans.
Income Tax Slab 2021-22
February 17, 2020
Income Tax Return Guide - Details You Should Know
November 07, 2016
Best Tax Saving Investment Options in 2022 (FY 2022-2023)
November 08, 2016
Subscribe to get the latest articles directly in your inbox
14 Best Investment Options In India
October 30, 2018
Short Term Investments: Top 11 Short Term Investment Options For 2022
November 08, 2016
Insurance vs Investment - Did You Get the Right Financial Plan?
November 05, 2018
Popular & Recent Articles
How to Plan for Retirement as Per your Age
"The thumb rule for retirement planning is - the earlier you start, the more you save. However, with age, your priorities change too. So, you need to factor in the cost of living in the present vis- a -vis future."
HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited. CIN: L65110MH2000PLC128245, IRDAI Reg. No. 101.
Registered Office: Lodha Excelus, 13th Floor, Apollo Mills Compound, N.M. Joshi Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai 400 011. Email: [email protected], Tel No: 1800-266-9777 (10 am to 7 pm). The name/letters “HDFC” in the name/logo of the company belongs to Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited (“HDFC Limited”) and is used by HDFC Life under an agreement entered into with HDFC Limited.
For more details on risk factors, associated terms and conditions and exclusions please read sales brochure carefully before concluding a sale.
|BEWARE OF SPURIOUS PHONE CALLS AND FICTIOUS/FRAUDULENT OFFERS
- term insurance plan
- savings plan
- ulip plan
- retirement plans
- health plans
- child insurance plans
- group insurance plans
- long term savings plan
- fixed maturity plan
- monthly income advantage plan
- income tax calculator
- pension calculator
- bmi calculator
- compound interest calculator
- term insurance calculator
- income tax
- tax saving investment options
- best investment plans
- benefits of term insurance calculator
- what is term insurance
- why to invest in life insurance
- tax planning for salaried employees
- how to choose best child insurance plan
- tips for buying retirement plan
- 1 crore term insurance
- importance of saving
- short term saving plans
- types of investment in india
- investment declaration