How to Save Income Tax? - Complete Guide
Ways to save tax under sec 80c and 80d.
- Make investment of 1.5 lakh to reduce your taxable income, under section 80c.
- Buy Medical Insurance & claim a deduction up to Rs. 25,000 (Rs 50,000 for Senior Citizens) for medical insurance premium under Section 80D.
- Claim deduction upto Rs 50,000 on Home loan interest under Section 80EE.
Other investment options.
- Buy Medical Insurance & claim a deduction up to Rs. 25,000 (Rs 50,000 for Senior Citizens) for medical insurance premium
- Claim deduction upto Rs 50,000 on Home loan interest under Section 80EE
- A home loan would also help you in reducing your taxable income as the principal portion of home loan can be claimed under Section 80C up to Rs 1.5 lakhs and the interest portion can be claimed as a deduction from income from house property.
Use the following pointers to plan your tax-saving for the year:
- Check the tax-saving expenses that you're already making that you can claim. This includes expenses like insurance premium, children's tuition fees, EPF contribution, home loan repayment etc.
- Deduct this amount from 1.5 lakh to figure out how much to invest. The entire amount doesn't need to be invested if expenses are covering it.
- Choose tax-saving investments on the basis of your goals and profile. ELSS funds, PPF, NPS and fixed deposits are some of the popular options.
It will help you understand how much you need to invest to save taxes. It is advisable to spread your investments throughout the year. This will reduce the financial burden and help you make informed decisions.
- How to File Income Tax Return
- Income Tax Return Guide - Details You Should Know
- Simple Guide to Calculate Income Tax for Salaried Individuals
- Income Tax Benefits - Section 80C and 10D
- Paying Your Taxes? Here’s Why Challan 280 Is Important
- Income Tax Saving Tips for Young Earners - HDFC Life
Subscribe to get the latest articles directly in your inbox
Life & Term Articles
New Union Budget Highlights 2022-2023
February 05, 2022
Term Insurance Tax Benefits Under Section 80C & 80D
May 23, 2023
Term Insurance Guide
August 16, 2022
Here's all you should know about life insurance.
We help you to make informed insurance decisions for a lifetime.
New or Old Regime for Financial Year 2023-2024 (Assessment Year 2024-25)
New or old tax regime for FY 2023-24 (AY 2024-25). Explore benefits, align with financial goals and make the right tax decision. To know more about it, visit HDFC Life now!
- Best Investment Plans
- What is Term Insurance
- 1 Crore Term Insurance
- Short term saving plan
- Term insurance
- Saving plans
- ULIP Plan
- Health Plans
- Child Insurance Plans
- Group Insurance Plans
- Long Term Savings Plan
- Fixed Maturity Plan
- Monthly Income Advantage Plan
- Pension Calculator
- BMI Calculator
- Compound Interest Calculator
- Term insurance Calculator
- Tax Savings Investment Options
- 2 crore term insurance
- 50 lakhs term insurance
- annuity plans
- Investment Calculator
- get pension of 30000 per month
- ULIP Returns in 5 Years
- investment plan for 5 years
- investment plan for 10 years
- 50-Lakh Investment Plan
- guaranteed returns plans
- sanchay plans
- Pension plans