Complete Guide to Choose the Best Child Insurance Plan
Market today is flooded with a lot of innovative plans and diverse features that offer many benefits and additional riders. Therefore, it is very important to make an informed decision on a timely basis. While choosing a child plan, you must ensure that it provides due coverage and sufficient benefits that enable you to fulfill your child's dreams. There are certain important pointers while choosing a child plan. These are as stated below:
- Take a timely decision: It is very important to act as soon as possible. This is because taking a timely decision allows you the advantage of making the coming years economically productive in your favor and gives you sufficient time to build and retain sufficient coverage by the time your child is ready for higher education.
- Take inflation into account: While choosing a child plan, you have to choose the sum assured for a guaranteed protection. However, if you don't count the factor of inflation, the fund corpus may prove insufficient tomorrow. Inflation is the general increase in prices of commodities and services over a period of time and education is no exception to it. In fact, the costs of higher education in India have sky-rocketed in the past decades and this will continue to be the trend. Therefore, the sum assured decided by you has to be inclusive of the projected inflation of the coming years.
- Option of partial withdrawal: Life is uncertain and you must be fully prepared financially at all times. You must choose a plan that has the option of partial withdrawals as this will cushion the main funds from any emergency expenses.
- Option of waiver of premium: This is a very important feature and generally, most insurers include this in the policy. This entitles the policy holder's nominee(s) (in this case the children) to receive a waiver of the existing premiums, in the event of the policy holder's demise. This ensures that the funds meant for their education and betterment are retained and the sum assured is payable to them on the maturity of the policy term.
HDFC Life offers HDFC Life YoungStar Udaan - a child specific plan that is meant for the future financial guarantee of your child and is formulated to serve as an effective aid for enriching their dreams and aspirations. For details, click on the mentioned link: https://www.hdfclife.com/children-insurance-plans/youngstar-udaan.
Subscribe to get the latest articles directly in your inbox
Life & Term Articles
New Union Budget Highlights 2022-2023
February 05, 2022
Term Insurance Tax Benefits Under Section 80C & 80D
November 14, 2023
Term Insurance Guide
August 16, 2022
Here's all you should know about life insurance.
We help you to make informed insurance decisions for a lifetime.
Plan Your Child's Dream Wedding with the Marriage Expense Calculator
Parents always do their best to provide for their little ones. Let’s see how you can plan your finances and ensure your child starts their married life on the right note. Visit more!
- term insurance plan
- savings plan
- ulip plan
- retirement plans
- health plans
- child insurance plans
- group insurance plans
- long term savings plan
- fixed maturity plan
- monthly income advantage plan
- income tax calculator
- pension calculator
- bmi calculator
- compound interest calculator
- term insurance calculator
- income tax
- tax saving investment options
- best investment plans
- benefits of term insurance calculator
- what is term insurance
- why to invest in life insurance
- tax planning for salaried employees
- how to choose best child insurance plan
- tips for buying retirement plan
- 1 crore term insurance
- importance of saving
- short term saving plans
- types of investment in india
- investment declaration
- Life Insurance
- Union Budget 2023
- New Income Tax Slab 2023-24
- HRA Calculator
- Term Insurance