Save income tax by 31st March- HDFC Life Plan
- Under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act, 1961, the payable premiums towards a life insurance policy are eligible for tax exemption Therefore, while planning your tax calendar make it a point to keep a record of the premium receipts.
- Under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act, any contribution towards PPF or Public Provident Fund is eligible for tax exemption. The PPF account, however, comes with a long lock-in period of 15 years.
- Similarly, under Section 80G, the contributions made towards any scientific institution or religious body or charitable organizations are eligible for tax exemption (the limit of exemption varies, however, from 50% to a full exemption). The contributions made towards governmental funds such as PM's relief fund, also come under this purview.
- The contributions made as repayment in the form of EMIs towards a home loan are admissible for tax exemption.
- Under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act, all the contributions towards NSC (National Savings Certificate) are eligible for tax exemption.
- Under Section 80C, the contributions made towards Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana plan of the government of India are admissible for exemption.
- The health insurance plans and the contributions made as premiums towards the same are also eligible for tax exemption. This exemption comes under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
- ELSS or Equity-Linked Saving Schemes are mutual funds that offer diverse investment portfolio and serve as tax-efficient instruments that offer investment in share market and therefore, also offer high returns. Also, the benefit of investing in ELSS is that the lock-in period is three years and this makes ELSS investments ideal for short term financial goals. Contributions towardsÂ an ELSS are eligible for tax exemption under Section 80C up to an upper capping of Rs 1.5 Lac in the current financial year.
HDFC Life offers various saving and investment plans that are aimed at making your monetary reserves grow and to ensure that there is sufficient financial stability for you and your loved ones at all times of requirement. For further details, click on the mentioned link: https://www.hdfclife.com/savings-plans .
Income Tax Slab 2021-22
February 17, 2020
Income Tax Return Guide - Details You Should Know
November 07, 2016
Best Tax Saving Investment Options in 2022 (FY 2022-2023)
November 08, 2016
Subscribe to get the latest articles directly in your inbox
14 Best Investment Options In India
October 30, 2018
Short Term Investments: Top 11 Short Term Investment Options For 2022
November 08, 2016
Insurance vs Investment - Did You Get the Right Financial Plan?
November 05, 2018
Popular & Recent Articles
How to Plan for Retirement as Per your Age
"The thumb rule for retirement planning is - the earlier you start, the more you save. However, with age, your priorities change too. So, you need to factor in the cost of living in the present vis- a -vis future."
HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited. CIN: L65110MH2000PLC128245, IRDAI Reg. No. 101.
Registered Office: Lodha Excelus, 13th Floor, Apollo Mills Compound, N.M. Joshi Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai 400 011. Email: [email protected], Tel No: 1800-266-9777 (10 am to 7 pm). The name/letters “HDFC” in the name/logo of the company belongs to Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited (“HDFC Limited”) and is used by HDFC Life under an agreement entered into with HDFC Limited.
For more details on risk factors, associated terms and conditions and exclusions please read sales brochure carefully before concluding a sale.
|BEWARE OF SPURIOUS PHONE CALLS AND FICTIOUS/FRAUDULENT OFFERS
- term insurance plan
- savings plan
- ulip plan
- retirement plans
- health plans
- child insurance plans
- group insurance plans
- long term savings plan
- fixed maturity plan
- monthly income advantage plan
- income tax calculator
- pension calculator
- bmi calculator
- compound interest calculator
- term insurance calculator
- income tax
- tax saving investment options
- best investment plans
- benefits of term insurance calculator
- what is term insurance
- why to invest in life insurance
- tax planning for salaried employees
- how to choose best child insurance plan
- tips for buying retirement plan
- 1 crore term insurance
- importance of saving
- short term saving plans
- types of investment in india
- investment declaration