How to view form 26AS
Considering the extremely elaborate scheme of taxation in India, the Income Tax department offers various tools that help an average taxpayer. Given the fact that online mode offers various advantages over offline mode, the Income Tax department has come up with many online options that enable the taxpayers to view taxation-related details with ease and in the comfort of their homes.Â One such facility that the Income Tax department provides the taxpayers is the facility to view form 26AS online. Form 26AS is the form that contains all the details and the detailed statement of all the tax that has been credited in the account of the tax payer for the current financial year. The details contained in the form 26AS are comprised of the details pertaining to Tax Collected at Source (TCS), Tax Deducted at Source (TDS), Regular Assessment Tax, Assessment Tax, Advance Tax, high value based transactions and their tax details etc. Therefore, form 26AS is the detailed online statement that contains all the details of the tax that has been credited in your account.
Form 26AS can be easily viewed and verified on the official website of the Income Tax department. For viewing the forms and the details contained therein, there are a series of mandatory steps that can be easily followed. Following are the steps that you need to follow in order to view form 26AS online:
- Visit the official portal of the Income Tax department i.e. www.incometaxindia.gov.in.
- Once you visit this official website, you need to click on the tab for registration. Once you register on the portal, you can then log on to the website using the user ID.
- After using your user ID to log on to the website, you need to click on the tab that reads My Account
- Once you click on the account tab, a page will appear that will have the option of viewing the Tax Credit Statement.
- After this, you need to click on the option for Form 26AS.
- Once you click on this option, you will then land on a page wherein you have to mention the year of assessment. While filling this detail, you must keep in mind that the year of assessment is the next year (i.e. the year that follows the current financial year).
- After mentioning the year of assessment, you need to mention the details related to your date of birth.
- Enter the Capcha code that appears on the screen.
- After this, you will be re-directed to the website for NSDL.
- You will be asked to confirm the details provided.
- Once you click on it, you will be able to view your form 26AS.
HDFC Life offers various saving and investment schemes that are aimed at making your funds grow and towards securing the financial future of your loved ones. For details, click on the mentioned link: https://www.hdfclife.com/savings-plans.
Subscribe to get the latest articles directly in your inbox
Life & Term Articles
New Union Budget Highlights 2022-2023
February 05, 2022
Term Insurance Tax Benefits Under Section 80C & 80D
November 14, 2023
Term Insurance Guide
August 16, 2022
Here's all you should know about life insurance.
We help you to make informed insurance decisions for a lifetime.
- term insurance plan
- savings plan
- ulip plan
- retirement plans
- health plans
- child insurance plans
- group insurance plans
- long term savings plan
- fixed maturity plan
- monthly income advantage plan
- income tax calculator
- pension calculator
- bmi calculator
- compound interest calculator
- term insurance calculator
- income tax
- tax saving investment options
- best investment plans
- benefits of term insurance calculator
- what is term insurance
- why to invest in life insurance
- tax planning for salaried employees
- how to choose best child insurance plan
- tips for buying retirement plan
- 1 crore term insurance
- importance of saving
- short term saving plans
- types of investment in india
- investment declaration
- Life Insurance
- Union Budget 2023
- New Income Tax Slab 2023-24
- HRA Calculator
- Term Insurance