What does PRAN number mean?
Basically, PRAN number is a unique 12 digit code number that is an identification number for persons who are registered with NPS. A subscriber can have only one PRAN number and it comes with an al India accessibility i.e. the details can be tracked from any location in India. NPS tier I and tier II accounts operate under PRAN number. Tier I NPS account is a basic retirement account for pension plan purpose while tier II accounts serve as basic savings accounts. Withdrawal from tier I account is not allowed, while tier II accounts, being just like savings accounts, have no withdrawal restrictions.
For NPS, the basic CRA (Central Record-Keeping Agency) is the NSDL (National Securities Depository Limited) and it is the basic portal through which applications for PRAN numbers are processed. For applying for a PRAN number, you can visit the online portal of NSDL. For online application, following are the steps:
- Log on to the official portal of NSDL. You can either apply using an aadhar card or without it. The steps are different for both processes:
- If you have an aadhar card, then the entire verification is done using aadhar details using an OTP (One Time Password).
- After logging in to the portal, fill in the required details and upload your scanned signature (in the given size).
- The photograph is fetched from the aadhar database. However, you can upload a scanned photograph if you wish to do so.
- You can then make use of internet banking or the debit/credit cards to make payment towards the NPS account from the payment gateway.
- If you do not have an aadhar card, then it is mandatory for you to have a PAN number and an account in any of the listed banks.
- For the verification (KYC) process, the details are fetched from the bank records and must match with the same.
- While applying for the PRAN number, complete and verify the application form and keep your basic documents ready.
- You will be sent an alert email and an SMS on the registered mobile number.
- For applying offline, you have to visit the nearest NPS PoP (Point of presence). Generally your bank serves as the same.
HDFC Life offers several retirement plans that have been formulated for keeping your financial health intact and vibrant in the later years. For details, click on the mentioned link: https://www.hdfclife.com/retirement-and-pension-plans
Income Tax Slab 2021-22
February 17, 2020
Income Tax Return Guide - Details You Should Know
November 07, 2016
Best Tax Saving Investment Options in 2022 (FY 2022-2023)
November 08, 2016
Subscribe to get the latest articles directly in your inbox
14 Best Investment Options In India
October 30, 2018
Short Term Investments: Top 11 Short Term Investment Options For 2022
November 08, 2016
Insurance vs Investment - Did You Get the Right Financial Plan?
November 05, 2018
Popular & Recent Articles
How to Plan for Retirement as Per your Age
"The thumb rule for retirement planning is - the earlier you start, the more you save. However, with age, your priorities change too. So, you need to factor in the cost of living in the present vis- a -vis future."
HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited. CIN: L65110MH2000PLC128245, IRDAI Reg. No. 101.
Registered Office: Lodha Excelus, 13th Floor, Apollo Mills Compound, N.M. Joshi Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai 400 011. Email: [email protected], Tel No: 1800-266-9777 (10 am to 7 pm). The name/letters “HDFC” in the name/logo of the company belongs to Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited (“HDFC Limited”) and is used by HDFC Life under an agreement entered into with HDFC Limited.
For more details on risk factors, associated terms and conditions and exclusions please read sales brochure carefully before concluding a sale.
|BEWARE OF SPURIOUS PHONE CALLS AND FICTIOUS/FRAUDULENT OFFERS
- term insurance plan
- savings plan
- ulip plan
- retirement plans
- health plans
- child insurance plans
- group insurance plans
- long term savings plan
- fixed maturity plan
- monthly income advantage plan
- income tax calculator
- pension calculator
- bmi calculator
- compound interest calculator
- term insurance calculator
- income tax
- tax saving investment options
- best investment plans
- benefits of term insurance calculator
- what is term insurance
- why to invest in life insurance
- tax planning for salaried employees
- how to choose best child insurance plan
- tips for buying retirement plan
- 1 crore term insurance
- importance of saving
- short term saving plans
- types of investment in india
- investment declaration