The ultimate guide to 10-year term life insurance plans
If there’s one thing we know about life, it is that things can take a turn any moment. That doesn’t mean we can sit with our hands folded and wait for an emergency to crush us. Instead, it is critical to find solutions that don’t just safeguard our finances, but also protect our families in case of unforeseen circumstances. That’s where a term life insurance policy steps in.
Even if the family loses its breadwinner, a term life insurance policy ensures they do not have to compromise on their lifestyle. Many people are increasingly opting for a 10-year term insurance that offers cover for a period of 10 years on the payment of regular premium. In this case, you do not have to commit to a long-term insurance policy for 20-30 years, and at the same time, you receive substantial benefits.
How does a 10-year term insurance policy work?
The process works exactly the same as other term insurance policies. The policyholder must pay regular premiums. In this case, since the duration is 10 years, the premiums must be paid after certain intervals to ensure coverage for a period of 10 years. What if the policyholder loses his life during this tenure? His/her family will be offered a death benefit to cover them in their absence.
Why choose a 10-year term insurance policy?
A 10-year term insurance policy works well for those who want to safeguard their family in their absence. It is also advantageous for those who foresee certain huge expenses like their child’s education or marriage after 10 years.
Now that we know who it can cater to, let’s discuss the benefits of a 10-year term insurance plan:
- Risk protection for 10 years to the policyholder’s family
- It offers better planning, helping you allocate finances for certain responsibilities over a period of 10 years
- Death benefit offered to the family, in case the policyholder dies during the policy term
- Income tax benefit under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act*
- Surrender benefit, in case the policyholder decides to forego the policy before the tenure ends
- Added protection through several riders
- Affordable premiums to ensure coverage, without emptying the pockets of the policyholder
- Loans can be availed against term life insurance policies in certain cases
How are 10-year term life insurance premiums calculated?
The premium is calculated based on several factors, including the age of the policyholder, annual income, sum assured, medical history, and if they have a history of smoking. If someone has greater health risk, the premium may be higher accounting for potential consequences in the long run.
1. Can anyone avail the 10-year term insurance plan?
Anyone who falls under the bracket of 18-65 years can go for this policy.
2. Can the death benefit be extended after the tenure of the 10-year term plan?
No. The benefits are applicable only until the tenure of the policy.
3. Does the policyholder enjoy the policy benefits, in the case of failure to pay premiums?
Every insurance provider has a different set of rules. While most offer a grace period, the benefits will lapse if you fail to pay the premium within that time.
- Why Purchasing term insurance online is good idea?
- Factors to Consider While Choosing the Perfect Term Plan for Yourself
- What is Term Insurance? Definition & Meaning
Not sure which insurance to buy?
Talk to an
Advisor right away
Advisor right away
We help you to choose best insurance plan based on your needs
Here are a few more articles about Term Insurance.
We help you to make informed insurance decisions for a lifetime.
A term insurance plan for your familys future makes eminent sense while drawing a Rs 25,000 salary
25K Salary Term Insurance Plans : You can put away a small share from your Rs 25,000 salary every month to secure a safe future for your family. Read now!
- Best Investment Plans
- What is Term Insurance
- 1 Crore Term Insurance
- Short term saving plan
- Term insurance
- Saving plans
- ULIP Plan
- Health Plans
- Child Insurance Plans
- Group Insurance Plans
- Long Term Savings Plan
- Fixed Maturity Plan
- Monthly Income Advantage Plan
- Pension Calculator
- BMI Calculator
- Compound Interest Calculator
- Term insurance Calculator
- Tax Savings Investment Options
- 2 crore term insurance
- 50 lakhs term insurance
- annuity plans
- Investment Calculator
- get pension of 30000 per month
- ULIP Returns in 5 Years
- investment plan for 5 years
- investment plan for 10 years
- 50-Lakh Investment Plan
- guaranteed returns plans
- sanchay plans
- Pension plans
##Individual death claim settlement ratio by number of policies as per audited annual statistics for FY 2021-22.
#Provided we have received all the relevant and required documents and no further investigation is required. Claim settlement process would be completed within stipulated timelines once the claim request is approved
^ Available under Life & Life Plus plan options
*As per Income Tax Act, 1961. Tax benefits are subject to changes in tax laws.
ARN - ED/05/23/1812