1 Crore Term Plan - Is this Sufficient for You?
Term insurance plans come as a huge financial safety net for a family in times of need, such as financial hiccups or the demise of the breadwinner. However, how big an amount should you take to secure your family? In one of our previous articles, we told you how having a second insurance policy or a critical illness policy can help. However, considering the rising cost of livelihood in the cities, buying an insurance policy with a coverage of Rs 1 crore becomes as important.
What Is 1 Crore Term Insurance?
1 crore term insurance policy offers a sum assured of 1 crore to the nominee in case something happens to the insured individual. These policies offer a high sum assured to help family members deal with the financial repercussions of loss.
So, should you invest in a Rs1 crore term plan?
Yes, you should because it will not be a big task as an average salary earner to protect you family after your demise.
Understand How a 1 Crore Term Insurance Plan Works
Every good financial portfolio has a term insurance policy. These insurance plans offer life coverage for a specific tenure. Let’s look at how a Rs 1 crore term insurance policy works:
- A Rs 1 crore term policy provides life coverage with a sum assured of Rs 1 crore for a fixed period called a ‘term’. Assume a 25-year-old purchases a Rs 1 crore policy for 35 years.
- Every year, they pay a fixed premium to keep their policy going. These premiums are often very affordable and do not change over the policy term.
- The policyholder meets with a fatal accident at the age of 40, 15 years into the policy. Their nominee can file a claim with the insurance company. After completing the paperwork, the insurer will provide the payout of the sum assured, Rs 1 crore, to the beneficiary.
Why Buy a Rs 1 Crore Term Insurance Plan?
Here’s how an Rs 1 crore term insurance plan can benefit you:
High Coverage at Affordable Premiums
Term policies offer incredibly pocket-friendly premiums. You can gain life coverage of Rs 1 crore for less than Rs 900 per month#. The premiums will remain the same through the policy tenure, ensuring you don’t have to worry about sudden financial stress.
When you purchase a term insurance plan, you help secure your family’s finances. In case something happens to you, your loved ones are left behind to deal with any debt you might leave behind. The payout from your Rs. 1 crore term policy allows them to clear any pending debt. You can ensure that you leave your family a debt-free legacy.
You can enhance your Rs. 1 crore term policy with riders like critical illness cover and accidental death benefit. These add-ons provide more financial security for you and your loved ones.
Who Should Opt for Rs. 1 Crore Term Plan?
If you are in the age group of 30-35 years and have more earning years, or if you are the only earning member of the family, a Rs 1 crore term insurance plan will be beneficial for your family after your death.
Several insurers offer term insurance plans with a cover of Rs 1 crore. Earlier the premiums would keep fluctuating based on what the others are charging. With IRDA's new regulations, insurance companies have reduced the premium rates. When comparing various insurers, do a due check of the underwriting norms as many insurers give lower premiums with stringent rules.
Selection of 1 crore term insurance policy can be a tough ask.
You have to pay attention to:
- The benefits
- Inclusions and exclusions mentioned on the policy document
- Premium rate
- Opt what is good for you and your family's future
- Check on the riders and the claim settlement ratio
Opt for a term insurance plan that offers comprehensive security at an affordable price. Ensure that your family is safeguarded financially if an unexpected eventuality occurs.
- Term Insurance - Definition & Meaning
- How to Buy Term Life Insurance Online?
- 4 Common Mistakes to Avoid When Planning to Buy Term Insurance
- When is the Best Age to Buy a Term Insurance Plan?
- How to Choose the Right Term Policy Period
# Premium for Life Protect Option, Male Life Assured, Non-Smoker, 25 years of age, Policy term of 30 years, Regular pay, Annual frequency, exclusive of taxes and levies as applicable. (Annualized Premium of `9214/365=25)
ARN – ED/11/22/30262
Income Tax Slab 2021-22
February 17, 2020
Income Tax Return Guide - Details You Should Know
November 07, 2016
Best Tax Saving Investment Options in 2022 (FY 2022-2023)
November 08, 2016
Subscribe to get the latest articles directly in your inbox
14 Best Investment Options In India
October 30, 2018
Short Term Investments: Top 11 Short Term Investment Options For 2022
November 08, 2016
Insurance vs Investment - Did You Get the Right Financial Plan?
November 05, 2018
Popular & Recent Articles
How to Plan for Retirement as Per your Age
"The thumb rule for retirement planning is - the earlier you start, the more you save. However, with age, your priorities change too. So, you need to factor in the cost of living in the present vis- a -vis future."
HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited. CIN: L65110MH2000PLC128245, IRDAI Reg. No. 101.
Registered Office: Lodha Excelus, 13th Floor, Apollo Mills Compound, N.M. Joshi Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai 400 011. Email: [email protected], Tel No: 1800-266-9777 (10 am to 7 pm). The name/letters “HDFC” in the name/logo of the company belongs to Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited (“HDFC Limited”) and is used by HDFC Life under an agreement entered into with HDFC Limited.
For more details on risk factors, associated terms and conditions and exclusions please read sales brochure carefully before concluding a sale.
|BEWARE OF SPURIOUS PHONE CALLS AND FICTIOUS/FRAUDULENT OFFERS
- term insurance plan
- savings plan
- ulip plan
- retirement plans
- health plans
- child insurance plans
- group insurance plans
- long term savings plan
- fixed maturity plan
- monthly income advantage plan
- income tax calculator
- pension calculator
- bmi calculator
- compound interest calculator
- term insurance calculator
- income tax
- tax saving investment options
- best investment plans
- benefits of term insurance calculator
- what is term insurance
- why to invest in life insurance
- tax planning for salaried employees
- how to choose best child insurance plan
- tips for buying retirement plan
- 1 crore term insurance
- importance of saving
- short term saving plans
- types of investment in india
- investment declaration