Reasons to Get Term Insurance for Heart Patients
Table of Content
Several Indians often overlook health insurance. While term insurance is advantageous to any individual having dependents, it becomes all the more essential if a person has a critical ailment like a heart condition. Heart patients are at more risk from sudden demise than individuals with no pre-existing critical ailment. To put it bluntly, term insurance for heart patients is a must, especially for those with families financially dependent on them.
Why is Term Insurance Important for Heart Patients?
In the current insurance climate, there are a number of term plans that benefit individuals. Furthermore, with changing lifestyles and the fast-paced competitive world we live in, heart ailments are rising. This has been noticed in India. The age at which people are getting afflicted with heart conditions is getting lower as well. Reports suggest that India is responsible for almost 60% of the burden of cardiac ailments in the world (5 Facts About Heart Disease in India - The Borgen Project). Such facts appear grim, but they should prompt people not only to adopt healthy lifestyles but be financially secure.
Term insurance for heart patients is crucial in a country like India. In case individuals are diagnosed with heart ailments, the stress can be overwhelming. The last thing individuals need is the additional stress of lacking capital to pay for healthcare or have a safety mesh for a dependent family.
How to Secure Term Insurance for Heart Patients?
Term life insurance is a unique life insurance product. Why? Because a term insurance policy provides policyholder life coverage for a particular term. In case of the untimely demise of the policyholder, the family (beneficiaries and dependents) get the financial benefit. Most insurers offer beneficial term life insurance schemes with different features of advantage to a variety of needs. These include the tenure of the plan, riders, premiums, sums assured, and other highlights. Here are the steps to follow to get term life insurance for heart patients:
- The first step to take in securing a term life insurance policy is to do your research diligently. Insurance coverage should match the policyholder and their distinctive requirements. Look for a policy with critical illness coverage specifically.
- In case you have a heart condition, you have to make certain declarations to your chosen insurer. Your medical history, inclusive of your medical records, should be disclosed. Furthermore, a medical test administered by the insurer may be a requirement as a step to procuring term life insurance for heart patients.
- After you make an application on the insurer’s website or in person, your insurer may ask you to undergo a period of waiting.
- After you go through the waiting period, you can pay your premium and buy your policy.
Factors to Consider Before Purchase
While buying life insurance cover of any kind, it is imperative to consider particular factors before signing up:
- Read the Policy Clauses and Conditions - It is advised that you read the clauses of your term life insurance for heart patients thoroughly. For example, there may be a clause suggesting that all maturation benefits be withheld in case the policyholder has failed to disclose relevant information while buying the policy.
- Full Disclosure - Any term life insurance policy mandates that you completely disclose any information pertaining to your illness - like the initial diagnosis date, the condition’s severity, the treatment, habits like alcohol and tobacco use, conditions like hypertension, etc.
- Factor In the Waiting Period
- All Documents Relating to the Heart Condition must Be Available
- Consider the Period of Waiting
- Consider the Amount of the Premium - This may depend on the severity of your heart condition. If you were healthy before the initial diagnosis, you might be eligible for a lowered premium.
- Consider a Rider for Critical Illness Cover in term life insurance for heart patients.
When you opt for term life insurance for heart patients, you can get riders that broaden the scope of your plan’s coverage, like a rider for critical illness coverage. This covers you for costs in case you suffer from heart ailments during the tenure of your term life insurance policy.
ARN – ED/01/23/31643
- What is a Joint Life Term Insurance policy?
- Eligibility Criteria for Buying Term Insurance in India
- Are Add-ons and Optional Features of Term Insurance Really Beneficial?
- Monthly vs. Lump-Sum Payout in Term Insurance
- What is the Age Limit to Buy a Term Insurance Policy?
- Cardiac Care Health Plan
Subscribe to get the latest articles directly in your inbox
Life & Term Articles
New Union Budget Highlights 2022-2023
February 05, 2022
Term Insurance Tax Benefits Under Section 80C & 80D
November 14, 2023
Term Insurance Guide
August 16, 2022
Here's all you should know about life insurance.
We help you to make informed insurance decisions for a lifetime.
HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited. CIN: L65110MH2000PLC128245, IRDAI Reg. No. 101.
Registered Office: Lodha Excelus, 13th Floor, Apollo Mills Compound, N.M. Joshi Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai 400 011. Email: [email protected], Tel No: 1800-266-9777 (10 am to 7 pm). The name/letters “HDFC” in the name/logo of the company belongs to Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited (“HDFC Limited”) and is used by HDFC Life under an agreement entered into with HDFC Limited.
For more details on risk factors, associated terms and conditions and exclusions please read sales brochure carefully before concluding a sale.
|BEWARE OF SPURIOUS PHONE CALLS AND FICTIOUS/FRAUDULENT OFFERS
- term insurance plan
- savings plan
- ulip plan
- retirement plans
- health plans
- child insurance plans
- group insurance plans
- long term savings plan
- fixed maturity plan
- monthly income advantage plan
- income tax calculator
- pension calculator
- bmi calculator
- compound interest calculator
- term insurance calculator
- income tax
- tax saving investment options
- best investment plans
- benefits of term insurance calculator
- what is term insurance
- why to invest in life insurance
- tax planning for salaried employees
- how to choose best child insurance plan
- tips for buying retirement plan
- 1 crore term insurance
- importance of saving
- short term saving plans
- types of investment in india
- investment declaration
- Life Insurance
- Union Budget 2023
- New Income Tax Slab 2023-24
- HRA Calculator
- Term Insurance