How to Pay Your Income Tax Online?
Earlier, when only the offline mode was available, paying income tax used to be a tedious process requiring a lot of paperwork. But now, you can pay your income tax online and thus save your time and energy. This not only saves you from unnecessary hassles but also ensures that the whole process is smooth and transparent. Online mode works in seconds and within a short period of time, you can make the payments and keep a track of the receipt of funds. The whole exercise is discreet, without unwanted accesses and you know when the funds are received by the Income Tax department. Therefore, even if you have been using the offline method for paying income tax until now, you should consider switching over to the online mode. Following are the steps involved while paying income tax online:
- For paying the taxes, you must have access to your net banking facility offered by your bank. If you have the required facility, you simply need to log in to the official portal of the Income Tax department and click on the option related to paying e-tax.
- From the list of options displayed on the screen, click on the one that gives you access to Challan 280.
- Depending on the financial year, you then have to choose the following options:
- Choose section 300, if the tax for the previous fiscal is being paid by you.
- Choose section 100, if the tax for the current fiscal is being paid by you.
- Choose section 400, if the tax for the current fiscal is being paid by you but after receiving a notice.
- Next comes the page where you have to mention basic details like the year of assessment, PAN (Permanent Account Number) details, the residential address, bank details, registered phone number and email ID etc. After filling the details, be sure to double check so that there is no discrepancy.
- Â After filling the details and submission of the same, the next page that will be displayed will be the access page for the online transaction (net banking page) of your bank.
- Use your net banking credentials to log in and make the payment (be sure to check whether you are filling in the correct amount. Seek professional assistance from a certified professional, if in doubt).
- Once you make the payment, the receipt of the same will be displayed and you must keep a record of it.
HDFC Life offers Save Tax Calculator â€“ an online tool that makes it very easy for you to calculate the amount of tax payable so that you have complete clarity while paying your income tax. For details, click on the mentioned link: https://www.hdfclife.com/financial-tools-calculators/tax-saving-calculator.
- No tax on ancestral jewellery, purchase from disclosed income
- Things to know before filing income tax returns
- Reducing Income Taxes after Retirement
- What Are the Top 3 Problems People Face with Tax Returns after a Job Change?
- IT Department helps Pay Taxes Online and Track Income Tax Refunds
Income Tax Slab 2021-22
February 17, 2020
Income Tax Return Guide - Details You Should Know
November 07, 2016
Best Tax Saving Investment Options in 2022 (FY 2022-2023)
November 08, 2016
Subscribe to get the latest articles directly in your inbox
14 Best Investment Options In India
October 30, 2018
Short Term Investments: Top 11 Short Term Investment Options For 2022
November 08, 2016
Insurance vs Investment - Did You Get the Right Financial Plan?
November 05, 2018
Popular & Recent Articles
How to Plan for Retirement as Per your Age
"The thumb rule for retirement planning is - the earlier you start, the more you save. However, with age, your priorities change too. So, you need to factor in the cost of living in the present vis- a -vis future."
HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited. CIN: L65110MH2000PLC128245, IRDAI Reg. No. 101.
Registered Office: Lodha Excelus, 13th Floor, Apollo Mills Compound, N.M. Joshi Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai 400 011. Email: [email protected], Tel No: 1800-266-9777 (10 am to 7 pm). The name/letters “HDFC” in the name/logo of the company belongs to Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited (“HDFC Limited”) and is used by HDFC Life under an agreement entered into with HDFC Limited.
For more details on risk factors, associated terms and conditions and exclusions please read sales brochure carefully before concluding a sale.
|BEWARE OF SPURIOUS PHONE CALLS AND FICTIOUS/FRAUDULENT OFFERS