7 Ways to Save on Health Insurance smartly
- Start early: Starting early is very essential as it gives you a timely leverage and allows you to create a sufficient corpus as per the chosen policy. It is very essential that you must compare the various features that are being offered by the insurance providers and then take an informed decision keeping in mind your specific requirements.
- Choosing basic health insurance coverage: There are various insurers who offer disease-specific insurance plans at higher rates of payable premium. An intelligent choice that you can make is to choose a basic plan that offers primary coverage and then opt for specific riders, as per your needs. This allows you to save on the total payable premiums.
- Choosing a group health cover: Group health cover provided by employers is quite beneficial as the chargeable premiums are extremely low in comparison to individual covers. Besides, the remittance of the benefits in times of requirement is almost immediate. Hence, regardless of whether you have an individual plan or not, you must opt for group health insurance cover provided by your employer.
- Opting for family floater schemes: Family floater schemes offer joint healthcare coverage for you, your dependent spouse and dependent children. The coverage points are also extensive and the payable premiums are low in comparison to a directed, individual cover.
- Choosing top-up options: If you feel that the coverage offered by the plan is insufficient, then you must choose top-up option, instead of choosing a new policy altogether. This means that you will pay only for the top-up features and not for an entirely new health plan.
- Choosing no-claim bonus: Many health insurance providers offer the benefit of no-claim bonus for any given year, during which no claim was made by you. Thus, the basic cover is enhanced by way of these bonuses and you can avail of the same.
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle: This is the primary manner in which you can save on your health insurance. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle allows you to cut down on your medical bills and hence, the base plan benefits that accrue are significantly greater than what they will be if the claims are made frequently.
HDFC Life offers various health insurance plans that are aimed at securing your finances in the event of any health-related contingency. For details, click on the mentioned link: https://www.hdfclife.com/health-insurance-plans.
Income Tax Slab 2021-22
February 17, 2020
Income Tax Return Guide - Details You Should Know
November 07, 2016
Best Tax Saving Investment Options in 2022 (FY 2022-2023)
November 08, 2016
Subscribe to get the latest articles directly in your inbox
14 Best Investment Options In India
October 30, 2018
Short Term Investments: Top 11 Short Term Investment Options For 2022
November 08, 2016
Insurance vs Investment - Did You Get the Right Financial Plan?
November 05, 2018
Popular & Recent Articles
How to Plan for Retirement as Per your Age
"The thumb rule for retirement planning is - the earlier you start, the more you save. However, with age, your priorities change too. So, you need to factor in the cost of living in the present vis- a -vis future."
HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited. CIN: L65110MH2000PLC128245, IRDAI Reg. No. 101.
Registered Office: Lodha Excelus, 13th Floor, Apollo Mills Compound, N.M. Joshi Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai 400 011. Email: [email protected], Tel No: 1800-266-9777 (10 am to 7 pm). The name/letters “HDFC” in the name/logo of the company belongs to Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited (“HDFC Limited”) and is used by HDFC Life under an agreement entered into with HDFC Limited.
For more details on risk factors, associated terms and conditions and exclusions please read sales brochure carefully before concluding a sale.
|BEWARE OF SPURIOUS PHONE CALLS AND FICTIOUS/FRAUDULENT OFFERS
- term insurance plan
- savings plan
- ulip plan
- retirement plans
- health plans
- child insurance plans
- group insurance plans
- long term savings plan
- fixed maturity plan
- monthly income advantage plan
- income tax calculator
- pension calculator
- bmi calculator
- compound interest calculator
- term insurance calculator
- income tax
- tax saving investment options
- best investment plans
- benefits of term insurance calculator
- what is term insurance
- why to invest in life insurance
- tax planning for salaried employees
- how to choose best child insurance plan
- tips for buying retirement plan
- 1 crore term insurance
- importance of saving
- short term saving plans
- types of investment in india
- investment declaration