Difference between Health Insurance and Mediclaim
Following are the important points of difference between a traditional health insurance plan and mediclaim:
- A health insurance plan offers extensive coverage in times of any health-related emergency and generally, this coverage includes pre and post hospitalization benefits, medical consultation fee, costs against nursing, etc. However, a mediclaim policy offers coverage that is generally restricted to hospitalization and incidence of any specific illness.
- The scope of mediclaim policies is limited when viewed in comparison with health insurance plans. Health insurance plans offer detailed coverage that includes not only hospitalization but added benefits as well. The range of offered coverage includes multiple benefits as well as post-hospitalization and recuperation as well. This is not so with a specific mediclaim policy because it is restricted to pointed benefits.
- A standard health insurance plan also comes with additional riders or extra benefits that act as add-ons to the main plan benefits. However, this is not so with a mediclaim policy. A mediclaim policy does not offer any coverage in the form of riders and as such, as mentioned previously, the scope of coverage is quite limited.
- One more important point of difference between a health insurance plan and a mediclaim policy is that the sum assured in case of a standard health insurance plan is far greater than what is offered with a mediclaim policy. A mediclaim policy does not entitle a policy holder to a coverage that can exceed Rs 5 Lac. This is not the case with a health insurance plan.
- One more point of difference is in the mode of disbursement. With a health insurance plan, in the event of a critical illness or any accidental disability, the sum assured i.e. the main plan benefit is paid as a lump sum. However, with a mediclaim policy, the mode of disbursal is continual in nature and the reimbursement continues until the whole sum assured is paid.
HDFC Life offers various health insurance plans that serve to protect your finances in the event of any health-related contingencies. For details, click on the mentioned link: https://www.hdfclife.com/health-insurance-plans.
Income Tax Slab 2021-22
February 17, 2020
Income Tax Return Guide - Details You Should Know
November 07, 2016
Best Tax Saving Investment Options in 2022 (FY 2022-2023)
November 08, 2016
Subscribe to get the latest articles directly in your inbox
14 Best Investment Options In India
October 30, 2018
Short Term Investments: Top 11 Short Term Investment Options For 2022
November 08, 2016
Insurance vs Investment - Did You Get the Right Financial Plan?
November 05, 2018
Popular & Recent Articles
How to Plan for Retirement as Per your Age
"The thumb rule for retirement planning is - the earlier you start, the more you save. However, with age, your priorities change too. So, you need to factor in the cost of living in the present vis- a -vis future."
HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited. CIN: L65110MH2000PLC128245, IRDAI Reg. No. 101.
Registered Office: Lodha Excelus, 13th Floor, Apollo Mills Compound, N.M. Joshi Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai 400 011. Email: [email protected], Tel No: 1800-266-9777 (10 am to 7 pm). The name/letters “HDFC” in the name/logo of the company belongs to Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited (“HDFC Limited”) and is used by HDFC Life under an agreement entered into with HDFC Limited.
For more details on risk factors, associated terms and conditions and exclusions please read sales brochure carefully before concluding a sale.
|BEWARE OF SPURIOUS PHONE CALLS AND FICTIOUS/FRAUDULENT OFFERS