Your guide to buying a senior citizen plan
When you are born, your parents nurture you. From taking care of your health, to your food, your schooling and higher education -- they aren't told what they have to do for their child. Most importantly, they do it alongside securing their own future -- buying insurances, investing in short-term or long-term plans etc. However, there are times when amidst the chaos of life, they might have skipped to keep in check their own life. That is when you as a child should step in and ensure the well being of your parents by buying them a senior citizen health plan. What mainly this plan consists of is a coverage for your parents when they are old.
Senior citizens, over the age of 65 years, are prone to illnesses. Sometimes, the illness can eat up all your savings of a lifetime. It is during these tough scenarios, a health plan exclusively designed for the senior citizens can help you toddle over the burden.
The basics and benefits
A senior citizen health plan mainly helps you bear the cost of healthcare expenses born during the treatment of the insured person. Some benefits of this plan are:
- Get higher insured benefit
- Free annual medical-checkups
- Tax deductions on premiums
- Often, cashless hospitalisation -- both pre and post hospitalisation phases
- Quick settlement of claims
How to choose the right plan
For insuring your loved ones, it is important to do a thorough check of plans before deciding on it. Here are some pointers to guide you:
- Know the medical history of the person you are getting insured. You should not buy a plan that doesn't suit the requirements of a person. Eg: If a person needs critical illness insurance, choose that over a simple health insurance plan as the person is prone to critical illness more.
- Compare all plans before you decide on what to select and how. Don't go by just the premium payments but choose what gives best overall coverage. Look for age, coverage of illnesses, and the network of hospitals under the insurance plan, payment etc.
- Do give proper correct information about the person to be insured as any wrong detail might invalidate the insurance and put you in trouble.
HDFC Life has a plethora of plans to choose from for the senior citizens of your family. Don't limit the insurance to a mere tax saving ingredient. Rather, get your loved ones insured for a stress-free and peaceful health treatment.
Income Tax Slab 2021-22
February 17, 2020
Income Tax Return Guide - Details You Should Know
November 07, 2016
Best Tax Saving Investment Options in 2022 (FY 2022-2023)
November 08, 2016
Subscribe to get the latest articles directly in your inbox
14 Best Investment Options In India
October 30, 2018
Short Term Investments: Top 11 Short Term Investment Options For 2022
November 08, 2016
Insurance vs Investment - Did You Get the Right Financial Plan?
November 05, 2018
Popular & Recent Articles
How to Plan for Retirement as Per your Age
"The thumb rule for retirement planning is - the earlier you start, the more you save. However, with age, your priorities change too. So, you need to factor in the cost of living in the present vis- a -vis future."
HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited. CIN: L65110MH2000PLC128245, IRDAI Reg. No. 101.
Registered Office: Lodha Excelus, 13th Floor, Apollo Mills Compound, N.M. Joshi Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai 400 011. Email: [email protected], Tel No: 1800-266-9777 (10 am to 7 pm). The name/letters “HDFC” in the name/logo of the company belongs to Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited (“HDFC Limited”) and is used by HDFC Life under an agreement entered into with HDFC Limited.
For more details on risk factors, associated terms and conditions and exclusions please read sales brochure carefully before concluding a sale.
|BEWARE OF SPURIOUS PHONE CALLS AND FICTIOUS/FRAUDULENT OFFERS