Importance of Savings & Investments
We do not live in a world where we take each day as it comes. Financial emergency may arise at any time. It is needless to say that having a savings/investment portfolio is important. Money is something that is exchanged also something that is saved. Money matters and is important for survival.
Here are a few reasons why it's important to have savings and investments:
People save cash to bridge the interval between receiving the income and expenditure. The amount depends on the interval at which money is received. Businessmen and entrepreneurs have to keep some part of the income to meet the current needs. Amount held in liquid will depend on the business turnover. Transaction demand for money stays constant at all levels.
This means taking precautions. People hold cash to deal with contingencies like unemployment, health issues etc. They want to keep a part of contingency liability aside to us it in case of an emergency.
People also hold cash to use it in the financial market. They want to take advantage of the movement in the financial market regarding future changes in price and rate of interest. The ROI and people's tendency to spend money are inversely proportional.
The most important thing for a person is to educate his children and send them to the best school and college. It's important to have savings for that so that you can provide your children with the best education.
When you save, you get a feeling of self reliance and power to do things. It gives you a feeling of independence.
For Family's security-
If something happens to you, your family should be well taken care of. Having a savings and an investment portfolio ensures that.
Savings and investments are mutually connected. It is important to have a savings nest so that you are more in control of your future and life. Invest in HDFC Life's various savings plans to secure your future.
How much should one save and invest?
- Savings and investments are mutually connected. Savings are money put aside in cash or in a bank's savings account; it is ready money whenever you wish to use it for emergencies or a short term goal. Savings will usually fetch you minimal gain.
- Investments are funds put into plans that fetch you better gains, at the end of a certain period.
- One should save around 10 per cent of one's income every month and put aside 10 to 15 per cent of income into investments. While savings are for the short-term, investments should be on long-term basis as they help you grow your wealth to meet some life goals.
- HDFC Life ClassicAssure Plus
- Tools and guides - Insurance, Savings, Investments
- Compare Investment and Savings Plans
Income Tax Slab 2021-22
February 17, 2020
Income Tax Return Guide - Details You Should Know
November 07, 2016
Best Tax Saving Investment Options in 2022 (FY 2022-2023)
November 08, 2016
Subscribe to get the latest articles directly in your inbox
14 Best Investment Options In India
October 30, 2018
Short Term Investments: Top 11 Short Term Investment Options For 2022
November 08, 2016
Insurance vs Investment - Did You Get the Right Financial Plan?
November 05, 2018
Popular & Recent Articles
How to Plan for Retirement as Per your Age
"The thumb rule for retirement planning is - the earlier you start, the more you save. However, with age, your priorities change too. So, you need to factor in the cost of living in the present vis- a -vis future."
HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited. CIN: L65110MH2000PLC128245, IRDAI Reg. No. 101.
Registered Office: Lodha Excelus, 13th Floor, Apollo Mills Compound, N.M. Joshi Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai 400 011. Email: [email protected], Tel No: 1800-266-9777 (10 am to 7 pm). The name/letters “HDFC” in the name/logo of the company belongs to Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited (“HDFC Limited”) and is used by HDFC Life under an agreement entered into with HDFC Limited.
For more details on risk factors, associated terms and conditions and exclusions please read sales brochure carefully before concluding a sale.
|BEWARE OF SPURIOUS PHONE CALLS AND FICTIOUS/FRAUDULENT OFFERS
- term insurance plan
- savings plan
- ulip plan
- retirement plans
- health plans
- child insurance plans
- group insurance plans
- long term savings plan
- fixed maturity plan
- monthly income advantage plan
- income tax calculator
- pension calculator
- bmi calculator
- compound interest calculator
- term insurance calculator
- income tax
- tax saving investment options
- best investment plans
- benefits of term insurance calculator
- what is term insurance
- why to invest in life insurance
- tax planning for salaried employees
- how to choose best child insurance plan
- tips for buying retirement plan
- 1 crore term insurance
- importance of saving
- short term saving plans
- types of investment in india
- investment declaration