- PPF comes with a lock-in period of 15 years. This means that it is a highly credible long term financial savings option and as such is ideal for long term futuristic financial goals.
- In order to open a PPF account, you just need to visit the nearest post office and fill in the required form for setting up the account. Even several banks (nationalized banks) offer the facility to set up the PPF account. After the due process is completed, the concerned officials with set up your account and you will be given a passbook containing a list of the transactions with details.
- An individual can operate only one PPF account and in case any separate account is found to exist, it will be made non-functional. Even if as a parent, you create a PPF account for your dependent child, the ownership of the account cannot be claimed jointly.
- Although partial withdrawals are not allowed, yet an amount to the tune of less than or equal to half the balance amount for the previous financial year can be withdrawn for specific purposes. Also, a PPF account has a specific market cash value i.e. loan can be taken out against a PPF account.
- Once the term matures, you can choose to either withdraw the entire accumulated amount as a lump-sum payment or you can choose to seek an extension of five years on the account.
- Under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act, 1961, a maximum amount of Rs 1.5 Lac in a given financial year is eligible for tax exemption. Besides, the returns are also eligible for tax exemption and wealth tax is not admissible.
- In case of demise of the account holder during the policy term, the account cannot be operated or extended by the nominee(s) of the policy holder.
- A PPF account cannot be transferred in the name or authority of any other person by the account holder.
- There is one restriction on the eligibility of those who can open the account though. For instance, minors and Non-Resident Indians are not permitted to set up PPF accounts.
HDFC Life offers various saving and investment plans that seek to multiply your financial coverage and allow your funds to grow so that you can earn optimum benefits over a period of time.
Understand the finance of a healthy lifestyle | HDFC Life
April 15, 2021
ULIP - Unit linked insurance Plan - Full Form, Meaning & Benefits in 2021
February 12, 2021
Money Tips:Securing your financial health with life insurance| HDFC Life
February 11, 2021
Subscribe to get the latest articles directly in your inbox
How I Got My Finances on Track | HDFC Life
February 17, 2017
What is Cancer Insurance - Definition by HDFC Life
November 07, 2016
Term Insurance Vs Return of Premium Vs Permanent Life Insurance | HDFC Life
March 16, 2019
HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited. CIN: L65110MH2000PLC128245, IRDAI Reg. No. 101.
Registered Office: Lodha Excelus, 13th Floor, Apollo Mills Compound, N.M. Joshi Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai 400 011. Email: [email protected], Tel No: 1800-266-9777 (10 am to 7 pm). The name/letters “HDFC” in the name/logo of the company belongs to Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited (“HDFC Limited”) and is used by HDFC Life under an agreement entered into with HDFC Limited.
For more details on risk factors, associated terms and conditions and exclusions please read sales brochure carefully before concluding a sale.
|BEWARE OF SPURIOUS PHONE CALLS AND FICTIOUS/FRAUDULENT OFFERS