Why you need this plan?
- Cost of medical treatments is increasing every year.
- Continuous post surgery treatments as well as elongated treatment sessions can adversely affect your finances.
- It is important you evaluate if you will be able to cope up with all financial necessities incase you are afflicted with a cardiac disease.
- A fixed benefit cardiac plan allows you to avail the best medical treatments by helping meet your medical needs and letting you use your savings for a rainy day.
- You can tailor make your Cardiac Care plan as per your needs with additional plan options.
PROTECT YOUR LOVED ONES WITH LIFE INSURANCE COVER IN A FEW SIMPLE STEPS
- Comprehensive cover for an extensive list of cardiac conditions and procedures
- Fixed lump sum payout irrespective of actual expenses incurred for diagnosis/procedure
- Multiple Claims of same or different conditions/ procedures can be covered subject to the exhaustion of applicable Sum Insured
- Option to choose Indexation benefit to ensure you stay ahead of medical inflation
- Option to choose Hospitalization benefit to get lump sum payout in case you are hospitalized due to any of the covered conditions
- Tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act 1961
Choose ANY or ALL of the following benefit options to avail of HDFC Life Cardiac Care.
Please refer to the table below for the classification of the various conditions/procedures that are covered under the plan into 3 Groups that they belong to. The benefit payable shall depend on the Group where the condition belongs to as mentioned below:
(High Severity Condition)
(Moderate Severity Condition)
(Mild Severity Condition)
(100% of Sum Insured)
(50% of Sum Insured)
(25% of Sum Insured)
Conditions or Procedures covered
First Heart Attack - of Specified Severity
Balloon Valvotomy or Valvuloplasty
Open Chest Coronary Artery Bypass Graft
Surgery to place Ventricular Assist Devices or Total Artificial Hearts
Minimally Invasive Surgery of Aorta
Open Heart Replacement or Repair of Heart Valves
Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD)
Major Surgery of Aorta
Carotid Artery Surgery
Surgery for Cardiac Arrhythmia
Insertion of Pacemaker
Primary Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
Pulmonary Thrombo Embolism
HDFC Life Cardiac Care offers you Base Benefit as described below. In addition to this benefit you also have the flexibility to choose from the following optional benefits:
Option A: Hospitalization Benefit
Option B:Indexation Benefit
Option C:Income Benefit
You may choose any one or more of the optional benefits at the inception of the policy; however once opted, the plan benefits cannot be changed later during the Policy Term.
Hospitalization Benefit (HB)
In the event of occurrence or undergoing any of the conditions / procedures listed in the table above, you shall receive a fixed benefit equal to:
100% of the Sum Insured under Group A
50% of the Sum Insured under Group B
- 25% of the Sum Insured under Group C
You have the flexibility to claim for the same or different conditions / procedures (falling under Group B & Group C) subject to the exhaustion of 100% of applicable Sum Insured (plus Indexation Benefit, if any) and Cooling-off Period. (Please refer to the section on Cooling Off Period)
In the event of occurrence / undergoing more than one condition / procedure the claim shall be payable for only one condition
Benefit payable to you shall not exceed unclaimed Sum Insured. Unclaimed Sum Insured shall be calculated as follows:
Unclaimed Sum Insured = Original Sum Insured – Total Benefits paid out (since inception)
The policy shall terminate on earlier of
payment of 100% of Sum Insured against all valid claims and
expiry of policy term
In addition to the Base Benefit, on valid claim for any covered condition falling under Groups B&C, future premiums for both base benefit & optional benefit (if any) shall be waived.
Indexation Benefit (IB)
- In case you are hospitalized due to the occurrence of any of the covered and admissible conditions or have undergone any of the procedures as listed previously, the lump sum amount payable shall be as follow:
Non-ICU and ICU benefits shall be independent and subjective to their respective limits
The maximum claim limit during a policy year is limited to 10% of Original Sum Insured and maximum claim limit during the policy term is limited to 30% of Original Sum Insured for both Non-ICU and ICU benefits
In case, you have exhausted the maximum admissible limit under the Non-ICU benefit, Hospitalization Benefit (HB) shall continue with only the remaining limit under the ICU benefit and vice-versa
You may choose this option only at inception and the Benefit payable under Hospitalization shall be independent of the Base Benefit under this product
Benefit shall be payable only after a minimum of 24 hrs of hospitalization due to one of the covered and admissible conditions as per the plan and for which the claim has been successfully admitted
In case you have also chosen the Indexation Benefit, this Benefit shall increase with an increase in the Original Sum Insured through Indexation. However, the maximum Benefit payable under Hospitalization Benefit shall be subject to the limits mentioned above
In case the Hospitalization Benefit gets exhausted, you shall need to pay premiums only towards the other benefits i.e. Base Benefit and Indexation Benefit and/or Income Benefit if applicable, effective from the immediate following policy anniversary
Lump Sum amount payable per day
Maximum Number of days per policy year
Maximum Number of days throughout Policy Term
1% of Original Sum Insured (Maximum Rs 10,000)
2% of Original Sum Insured (Maximum Rs 20,000)
If no claim has been made during the first policy year, the Original Sum Insured opted for at the inception of the policy shall increase by 10% p.a. starting from the first policy anniversary
The Sum Insured shall continue to increase till earlier of:
maximum of 200% of the Original Sum Insured opted at policy inception
any claim event (excluding claim for hospitalization benefit)
You may opt for this option only at policy inception
Once there is a successful admission of a claim (Mild, Moderate or Severe), there shall be no further increase in Original Sum Insured.
- In event of occurrence/diagnosis of condition or procedure from those listed under Group A, you will receive 1% of Sum Insured opted at inception for a fixed period of 5 years
This benefit will be paid in addition to the base benefit and optional benefit (if any)
In case of the unfortunate event of death of policyholder during the income benefit period, the remaining payouts will be made to the nominee.
During the income period, future income payments or part thereof can be surrendered in exchange for a lump sum. This lump sum shall be the discounted value of the future income payments at the prevailing revival interest rate charged by the company.
Kindly refer to the Product Brochure for all details on the plan benefits.
SP* Single Premium
70 yrs (SP*)
75 yrs (RP**)
- Single Pay: only 5 years
- Regular Pay : 5 to 40 years
PREMIUM PAYMENT MODE
- Single premium,Annual, Half-yearly,Quarterly and Monthly.
SUM INSURED (At policy inception)1
- Minimum Rs 2,00,000
- Maximum Rs 50,00,000
PREMIUM PAYING FREQUENCY
- Regular(equal to the Policy Term)
- Minimum Rs 357.40 (RP)
- Minimum Rs 1313.20 (SP)
- Maximum Rs 655860(RP)
- Maximum Rs 14,43,435(SP)
1The Maximum Sum Insured may increase subject to the Indexation Benefit (Please refer to the section on Indexation Benefit for details)
2The premium amount is exclusive of Service Tax and other levies and underwriting extra premium, if any
SP* Single Premium
RP** Regular Premium
HDFC Life brings to you HDFC Life Cardiac Care, a comprehensive cardiac care plan that provides financial protection for 18 cardiac conditions of three degrees of severity – mild, moderate and high. In addition, the plan also offers unique features like:
- Waiver of premium for outstanding term in case of claim for a mild/moderate severity condition
- Option to choose hospitalization benefit which provides lump sum benefit in case of hospitalization
- Multiple claims for the same or different condition subject to exhaustion of applicable sum assured
Cardiac ailments are on the rise and can affect anyone, anytime. In addition to the lengthy course of treatment, cardiac ailments can also impact one’s finances. In order to ensure that you protect not only yourself, but also your family, HDFC Life brings to you HDFC Life Cardiac Care; a specialized plan that aims at taking care of any cardiac related financial emergencies and ensure that instead of worrying about your family or finances, you can concentrate on getting better.
Cardiac Care is a fixed benefit plan that offers a Base Benefit under which you receive lump sum benefit for any of the covered conditions. The benefit amount payable varies depending on the severity of the condition. In addition the plan offers the following optional benefits:
- Hospitalization Benefit – lump sum benefit payable in case of hospitalization due to covered condition
- Indexation Benefit – 10% increase in sum assured for every claim free year after first policy year
- Income Benefit – 1% of sum assured paid as monthly income for 5 years in case of claim for condition of high severity.
The customer may opt for a single option or multiple options in any possible combination under this plan. The optional benefits need to be selected at inception of the policy. All benefits payable under the optional benefits are over and above the base benefit and will not impact the base sum assured.
The following benefit is payable for claim under the following category:
- High Category – 100% of sum Assured
- Moderate Category – 50% of Sum Assured
- Mild Category – 25% of Sum Assured
The benefit will be payable till exhaustion of the applicable sum assured under the policy.
Indexation benefit continues till the original increased sum assured reaches 200% of original sum assured or claim occurs whichever is earlier.
Yes. The ICU & Non-ICU benefits payable under the hospitalization benefit are independent of each other and will be subject to their respective limits. In case limit for one room type is exhausted, the limit under the second room type will continue. e.g. If the benefit for ICU benefit is exhausted, the benefit for Non ICU room will continue.
There would be rebates in the form of lower premium rates for higher sum assured.
A waiting period of 180 days shall apply from the date of risk commencement.
•If the policy is revived within 60 days of premium due date, only the remaining part of waiting period, if any will apply.
•If the policy is revived after 60 days of premium due date, full 180 days waiting period will apply afresh
A survival period of 30 days from the date of occurrence of covered condition is applicable for this plan.
HDFC Life Cardiac Care plan aims to aid the expenses incurred due to any cardiac condition/procedure. Hence its benefits are linked to diagnosis and treatment of disease and no death benefit is payable.
No, there is no maturity benefit available under this plan.
Surrender Benefit is payable only in case of single pay option under this plan. In case of surrender, the surrender value payable will be
60% x (Single Premium – U/W cost) x (1 – M/P)
UW cost: Rs. 2,750 for medically underwritten life
M: policy month of surrender
P: policy term in months
Tax Benefits under Section 80D of Income Tax Act, 1961 are applicable for premiums paid towards this plan.
Please note tax benefits are subject to change in tax laws.
Product brochure download
Premium Rates Download
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU
Stay updated with HDFC Life
Get HDFC Life updates in your mailbox
- Do Not Call Registration |
- Disclaimer |
- Terms & Conditions |
- Terminated Agent List |
- IRDAI Public Notice on Spurious Calls |
- Unclaimed Policy Details |
- IRDAI |
- Insurance Ombudsman |
- IRDAI Customer Education Website |
- Life Insurance Council |
- Memories for Life |
- QROPS |
- NRI Insurance Plans |
- Premium Payment |
- NAV Summary |
- Online Buying |
- Tools & Calculators |
- e-Insurance |
- Public Disclosures |
- BLOG |
- Policy Loans General T&C |
- FC Appointment T&C |